Thanks for the feedback @Eric Chadwick! Here are some tweeks I made from things I liked about the images you posted.
Still got some way to go with it, the shapes of the cobble. Some more gradiants to slope them, more variation in roughness and shape…
@marc31 The bark materials are done in substance designer fully procedural (without any grunge or bitmaps).
The tree patches are a height lurp in UE4's material editor where I use the height map from the white bark. So the …
@Add3r Thank you!
@Sharur Thx! Yeah, I had some difficulties with it. Did some material instances where I started to tweak the values a little. But I would have like it to transfer straight from substance painter.
Nice documentations of your workflow! The floor is really nice, clear shapes, nice blends!
The light is a bit inconsistant, If the scene is light only by natural light some of the colors and intensity of light is hard to understand.
For example t…
@macoll Thank you! Yeah the roughness and some of the normals could absolutely be improved!
@octostra Thx (: . Yeah the cameras where set a bit late but now when the 3 weeks are over I used what I had. What would you have liked to see more of? Alwa…
Thank you @RustySpannerz ! I will make some changes on the values, so its more instantly readable. It got a little to dark (need to think more about gamma on diffirent monitors before posting final imange).
Here it is, 3 weeks later.
I learned a lot from this project, like thinking more about texel density earlier and locking down cameras for beauty shots during the blockout to be able to focus on the right details and composition elements.
I had a lo…
Week 2 done!
The assets that are left on highpoly are: floor, floor trim, metal chains, flame holders.
Then texturing everything giving it wear and tear. Then some spider web and piles of sand (might do the sand as a terrain mater…
@macoll ty (: . The albedo will probably be towards gray and yellows and then I will light with blue to get more greens. But not really sure, will have to experiment after the baking of highpolys are done.
@Telerak Thank you! With the 3d blockout a…
A fast update on the progression of the tomb.
I did high/lowpoly and baked it out for a rock, pillar and altar.
Need to redo the altar but I can start to see whats needs more attention and what parts that wont.
Still trying out some different lig…
One week Zbrush school assignment to do a head sculpture from the skull, then muscles and later skin.
Then I wanted to try some Arnold out in Maya 2017 so here is what that looked like:
Some more links on what I used in my blogg.
This thread is awesome.
I have been fascinated by painting rocks for a long time and now getting in to sculpting them.
Thank you @jonas_molgaard for the videos you made. I have watched 1/3 of the series and enjoyed it.
I bumped into similar proble…
@Kushy I really like your bricks!
The damage and mortar on the bricks are awesome!
If there is something that feels wrong I think its the fuzziness of it. Might be the render but it feels kind of soft. I think it needs some different kind…
I continued with the albedo in Photoshop with masked created in zbrush.
But did the mistake of limiting myself to 1k, should have gone bigger and down rezed. )):
Found some new way of thinking about doing the masks form different textures, will bri…
Great thread! Really inspiring!
@caser good job!
Here is my take on the leafs, I took the single leaf and splattered it out and colored the gray scale with dynamic gradient.
I would love some feedback and advise on it.