FogGobbler Thank you! I didn't use modular approach because it's not really needed for this scene. I just divided the house into different rooms to get good lightmap resolution. Also, floors and ceilings divided too for the same reason
Swarmy, Thank you, friend! No need to depress I completely sure if you will make an effort every day you will create amazing works.
I was away for a while but noticed my work on the Polycount news feed. Thanks a lot for that Polycount. It's an ho…
Thank you, guys!
John Baxter , I tried modular approach but in the end, refused. Walls, floors, and ceilings are separated by every room with all necessary moldings for a good density of lightmap. I made only exterior walls by one object because y…
[This post has been moderated. Larger than 1000 pixels. Please read the first post, top of each page]
Finally finished Emily's house project (Video): https://youtu.be/V3VyxSwcQvA
WIP thread: http://http//polycount.com/discussion/178663/wip-ue4-emi…
Hi Friends! Finally, I finished Emily's house. Here is the last scene called Emily's room + Video of the whole project captured real-time.
During the project, I learned a lot. The main aim was to improve my modeling, texturing, and lighting skills.…
Thank you, guys!
mutatedjellyfish, I did the same things when played Uncharted 4 and was very impressed Also saw your artworks for Rick and Morty, models look great!
convolution223, I wanted to use it for the entire scene but in the end, decided t…
Ashervisalis, Thanks buddy
I'm glad to show you the finished living room. This room I made first and tried to achieve the lighting for all house like in the autumn evening time. Hope you'll like it! c&c are welcome as always
It's been one year since the start of this project. If I had know hard it would be to create a fully designed house with all of the necessary rooms and objects, I think I might have chosen something different. The hardest part of this pr…
Finally I got it!
The main issue was in very big amount of grass which I baked first time. I decreas amount of grass blades and now it looks good for me
And couple test screenshots with old and new grass:
Thank you guys!
Thank you for the links, but I already tried this methods but got not really good result and not sure that it is right way.
my texture resolution for atlas was 2048x2048
Here is what I got:
Here is what i want to achieve:
I've created a cluster using single blades of grass. What is next step? I can't move it in photoshop or bake in atlas because I already have all necessary maps like normal, roughness etc for single blade of grass.
How to combine all maps in one clu…
It was a long time break because almost have no spare time. Anyway, I did some updates but still have no habit to post regularly on polycount yet
Here is my new WIP shots.
C&C are welcome as always.
I see no problem with what you have there
when building large pieces you will rarely stay on the 0-1 UV space, and that is fine, just make sure to have a second UV set for your lightmap (if you are baking it), and on the one, d…
Today is new updates!
I created a couple materials usig by Substance Designer. As I said early I will try to use Substance Designer as much as possible in this project.
P.S. Guys, I need to ask you something. Can you add here some photos of importa…
This thread is amazing. Thanks guys.
Do you have an idea to fix this kind of bad shading when you have a hole on a curved surface ?
Unfortunately, flipping edge orientation or vertex normal do not really work.
You should u…
4.13 added Mesh Decals. Perfect for this kind of damage. You can make several variations and scale/rotate them for extra variation.
Yeah I saw it in the last updates of UE4 but not tried yet.
Thanks for the kind words guys!
Beautiful work. I'm impressed with the master material being applied to everything, showing how flexible and powerful it is. Are the window droplets procedural, or 'baked'? Would love to see mor…
New updates are coming!
I created a Master material which I can use on almost every asset in the project (except glass and decals I think) I'm not completely sure that it's right way, please tell me if I'm doing wrong, but anyway here is mate…
Also agree that a flatscreen would be more fitting for "the times"
Thanks for details!It looks modern only for this moment=) I want to create atmosphere from 80's-90's. I don't think that people had a flat screen in those times.
Poinball said: I Really love the details on the window !! This environment will be pretty
pixelpatron said: For such a modern place it seems odd that the TV wouldn't be a wall mounted flat screen.
Here is a small update!
In this project I will try to use textures only created in Substance Designer, it is especially for studying SD.
Little warm-up for wall plaster .mat:
I need to keep my nodes more organised, I know
Next will some int…