Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dejah Thoris

Hi polycounters, So yesterday i was seeing John carter movie after a long time. The movie sucked, but i have to say Lynn Collins AKA Dejah Thoris looked damn good. She had that warrior look and sexiness in her. I decided to model her. Game res model would be final output. But starting with Sculpt.but for face i'm not going for Lynn Collins. I'm going to follow my favorite Indian Actress called Trisha. I've been obsessed with her for years. So here we go some references and WIPs. Help me to finish this with your suggestions.

My primary Character reference sheet. I'm going for this costume. i checked the Dejah Thoris from Comics. Oh man that was too hot to handle

a5S01at.jpg

i'm aiming for something similar to her face.

lfJclnI.jpg

She made an unofficial appearance in Ghost recon future Soldier

WDx4Y3t.jpg

Some WIPs. Hair is definitely a placeholder. I'll be going for longer curly hairs,Which is gonna be my worst nightmare

UeqIgWP.jpg
XgD4hET.jpg

Replies

• harricool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Trying hard to get the resemblance.But still couldn't figure out what is wrong.
  • Xaragoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaragoth polycounter lvl 8
    The few things even my newbie eyes seem to see here is that her jaw is much broader and that her cheeks are a bit fuller in the ref you picked. Also she has a really tiny mouth (more nose-width than going into the iris-lines) and very defined laugh lines.

Her face overall seems to be a bit ... uh ... compressed? Probably not the right word here, but I guess it works. Yours looks more elongated.

Sorry that I can't help more with it, not gotten the eye for it yet :)

Gonna keep an eye on this thou, looks interesting :)
  • harricool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Xaragoth. Whatever you said is very true. I'm working on it. Due to my work load my progress will be very slow on her. But won't rest until i finish ma Dejah Thoris.
  • harricool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Working on skin. I feel like i'm getting bit closer to the resemblance but i'm not sure. And This is how i want her hair to be. But alpha planes.Current hair is just for shape and flow reference. How do i approach this kind of hair in alpha planes? i would need some advice and tips. Just extracted the shape for cloth. Help me critics and comments.Anyways here are some wips. The black dot on her forehead is to give her traditional Indian look. It looks good on her. But i will remove at the end.

tEVupfV.jpg
    WJ6VvOc.jpg
    qeq7H1N.jpg
  • harricool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally got time to finish my Dejah Thoris. I missed her a lot. The final lowpoly stands at 26,126 triangles and has 3 X 2048 px and 1 X 512 px(Hair) texture sheets. The sword uses 1 1024px texture

QYQ4Hdc.jpg
    01Bns0x.jpg
    pgFN3vd.jpg
    xj9u8di.jpg
    3ffFDGB.jpg
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Eyes need some mroe tweaking.

Controls are from Marmoset TOolbag 1, but the effects and required maps and shader properties are still the same in Toolbag 2.

5d674e7b79cb1688fe350ecf1b6ec149.jpg
  • harricool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Brian Choi.I definitely thought the eyes required more more. This toolbag settings should help me.