Home General Discussion

Wanted: Weapons of Fate

veteran polycounter
Offline / Send Message
PixelMasher veteran polycounter
Hey guys,
Anyone else try this game at all besides the demo?

I gave it a rent today and passed it in about 4.5 hours, so it was pretty short, but it was pretty dope. I really had fun with the bullet curving stuff, that mechanic never got old with the slo mo folling the bullet.

I was pretty impressed with the art, especially the environments, some great texture work, a few textures look straight outta CG textures but meh overall it looked really polished.

the character models looked ok, the clothing and leather suites looked pimp, the hair....not so much. also I seemed to be killing the same 4-5 enemies the entire game.

I kinda wish there was a little more variety in the weapons, only 2 pistols really, but the second pair shoots fucking exploding bullets which was completely over the top and awesome.

Overall this game was really enjoyable while it lasted and Im glad it ended before the fun wore off which would have been in a couple more hours I think. Nice work to all the dudes at Grin, Ive really been looking forward to all the games you guys are putting out, some dope projects at that studio for sure.

cheers fellas.

**oh also if any of you guys work at Grin and wanna share some of the artwork with us plz go right ahead and post'er up :D

Replies

• Wahlgren
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Don´t know if you´ve seen them but there are some behind the scenes videos from that game/studio. Just go to gametrailers.com and you will find them :)

The weapon part sounds a bit boring though. Moar gnz plz!!!
  • TelekineticFrog
    Offline / Send Message
    TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
    Definitely fun. I picked this up as well, but almost didn't. I think the fact that I saw Grin's logo on the back pushed me to give it a shot. They definitely do some great work. They did right by Bionic Commando Rearmed so I felt that they earned some trust from me.

Like you said it's really short from what I've heard so I'm trying not to rush thru it. I will probably play thru a couple times even after beating it. The curving bullets is fun and like you said the Art is really good.

Here's hoping the Terminator Salvation game they're doing comes out well too.
  • Fliff
    yeah, the artillery, i mean bullet curving, feature is quite ...

Is the exploding rat with its pre explosion squeak in there as a hand grenade ?

Shimmer has some of the work on his website.
  • _Shimmer
    Offline / Send Message
    _Shimmer polycounter lvl 18
    wow, a thread about wanted :D

glad you guys had fun. was a quirky project for sure.
    I will post the stuff I can. ther might be some concept art of me in the extras but honestly i dont know :D....

enjoy! after 3 years my first credited title ! wohoooo!
  • ebagg
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    The lines from the main character I've heard in GT's review make me shudder.
  • anoon
    Man, I was looking forward to this game, but the demo turned me off unfortunately.

First off, to insult the player by calling them "a nerd sitting on the couch, getting fat," isn't a great opener.
    Then, to only give them the option of playing as on the "Pussy" difficulty probably wasn't the wisest thing either.

In terms of game play, I really missed the ability to break out of cover just by using the stick. Having to press a button to exit really made the cover system feel like a very sticky seperate mode the avatar went into, rather than a natural extension of his regular moveset.

Just sayin'.

I might pick it up later once I work through Killzone 2 MP and RE5.
  • PixelMasher
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    anoon wrote: »
    First off, to insult the player by calling them "a nerd sitting on the couch, getting fat," isn't a great opener.
    Then, to only give them the option of playing as on the "Pussy" difficulty probably wasn't the wisest thing either.

hahah that's totally in the style of wanted though, the "fuck you" attitude Wesley has developed, the whole game is loaded with that kinda stuff, not for those with sensitive ears :P

Shimmer: congrats on the shipped title, you guys at GRIN seem to get some awesome projects, cheers.
  • anoon
    Yeah, I did hear that some time later, so I suppose it all fits and is why I am willing to give it another chance. But coming in fresh and unfamiliar with the movie or comic, it was initially off putting.

Actually, I want to see the movie now.

The game has a Dark Sector-esque quality about it, which IMHO is a good thing. I liked that one.
  • Wahlgren
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Tried the demo and i didnt get "put off" by it. In fact. Im more interested in getting it now.
  • _Shimmer
    Offline / Send Message
    _Shimmer polycounter lvl 18
    before i forget, since it has been mentioned.

There are some wonderful textures from Daniel luka, aka kleinluka in there as well!
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    congrats shimmer it looks very cool.