Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mails here!

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Gannon interpolator
Ha ha, First post with actual work. Well so far here's my base.

-Occlusion baked into texture.
-Semi high res model ready to transfer maps to get rid of excess geometry ie: bolts
-After the transfer I'll start to dirty up the texture.

MailboxStart.jpg

Replies

• killingpeople
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    That looks like a mailbox.
  • Vrav
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    It looks just like the one outside the store I used to work at. Had to wipe it clean of dust and grime, every inch, I did. It was mostly a little bit of splatter on the side planes, and a lot of dust on the top portions. The sort of dust you bake a cake with.

You should make one of those rectangular newspaper stands to go with it!
  • Junkie_XL
    Offline / Send Message
    Junkie_XL polycounter lvl 14
    -Occlusion baked into texture.
    -Semi high res model ready to transfer maps to get rid of excess geometry ie: bolts

So you unwrapped the high poly version to bake in occlusion? You could've done all that at once with your final low poly unwrap.
  • Gannon
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    -vrav: thanks for the description it should help me some on figuring out what areas i need to dirty up more.

-JunkieXL- true, I guess it's because I planned on using the same body for the low res just taking off the bolts and such in the transfer to get rid of the High poly portion of the model. The body's only 1200 tris
  • mikezoo
    Offline / Send Message
    mikezoo polycounter lvl 14
    Its looking good for the first pass but deff needs more texture to it. If you lowpoly is at 1200 tris I would lower it down. I bet you could keep the quality and reduce it down to 600trs.