Home Technical Talk

photoshop pointer color

hero character
Offline / Send Message
thomasp hero character
ok i admit i'm using an oooooold ps5.5 here. and i totally love photoshop's pointer color which blends so nicely with grey. lovely for painting displacments, etc, you get the idea. just wanted to ask if they did fix that in newer releases? maybe by putting a shadow under the pointer or let the user change color on the fly (well, i can dream, no?)?
and if not - has anyone ever tried to hack that stupid program with one of those resource hacker tools that manage to strip all kinds of bitmaps and stuff out of windows apps?

Replies

• sinistergfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sinistergfx polycounter lvl 18
    Yes, it is fixed. I don't know which version they changed it in, though.

Here's resource hacker: http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/.

I don't know if you'll be able to fix the problem yourself, but I do seem to remember from back in the old days when I messed with custom cursors and icons that the inverse color thing (what photoshop does) was some special color. Maybe you can just change it to some contrasty color.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    i think cs or cs2 was the first to fix that, i'm in 7 and it still sucks when working on gray
  • sinistergfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sinistergfx polycounter lvl 18
    In the past; if I was starting from grey, I'd start with a 45% grey instead of 50%.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    ah ok, 7 would have been a version i could actually accept. not as slim and with the lame redone interface but even i could adjust wink.gif besides, it's collecting dust on the shelf already. but cs bloatware - no friggin' way wink.gif sold my cs1 license a long time ago anyway.

so far i've been using adjustment layers to work around this but i have still hopes left. seems however that it might be possible to extract the cursor but not trivial to replace it in the binary. i'll see...
    thanks!