Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UT2004 DM - Just Past the Sun

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
Been a long time viewer of Polycount, lots of good people here. I thought I would post what im working on for crits laugh.gif

UT2004 level, that takes place in an asteriod belt. At the moment, I am working on getting Rachel's Diner completed, then I start work on the next area - Pete's Garage/Tuneup, and finally Sexy Susan's Motel. The 3 areas will be included in one map, like a little community in space. Looking at a 16 player map for the DeathMatch, then maybe converting it to an onslaught map where you can drive & Fly vehicles

Concept for Rachels
rachels_concept01.jpg

Screens
rachel_v1.4a.jpg
rachel_v1.5a.jpg
rachel_v1.5b.jpg
rachel_v1.5d.jpg

I have some skybox issues that I've been working on, and working on making the background asteriods turn. anyways, let me know what you guys think laugh.gif

Replies

• usagi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    usagi polycounter lvl 18
    kinda a new take on the old car crashed into the building thing eh?

im guessing the cave is made out of static meshes right?

i like it a lot, very cool. how about some shots of the inside of the diner
  • Kashaar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kashaar polycount sponsor
    Looks pretty good for a start!

Your lighting needs a lot more attention though, I'm mostly thinking of the color palette...

Can't judge the gameplay, but it looks pretty flat... not 3-dimensional flat, but flat in terms of flow. Try to think yourself into the player, think in decisions and in attractivenesses... There's quite a few good tutorials about deathmatch flow that you could have a look at for some inspiration! smile.gif

Keep it up!
    Cheers, Lugg
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Very cool concept! No constructive crits sorry.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    oh sorry, forgot about posting bar shots. lol

rachel_v1.3b.jpg

Yeah, lighting needs alot of work wink.gif. trying to get the DM feel first for this area. Once I get all the pieces of the level created, the play will be much different.