Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Ready Player One: Catacombs Environment

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Benvox2 polycounter lvl 10
It has been awhile. Here is some of the work I did on the Ready Player One: Oasis Beta VR game. Although this is done and dusted for me, I always appreciate any feedback.

A small level fly through here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64rGDhg7qWQ&t=1s

Cheers!

Replies

• WilliamB_Art
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WilliamB_Art triangle
    That is awesome mate. I'm getting a Divinity: Original Sin vibe. I love it! Great Work
  • Benvox2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That is awesome mate. I'm getting a Divinity: Original Sin vibe. I love it! Great Work
    Thank you kind sir!Optimus said:
    Can i see some wireframes?
    I'll try get some when I crack it open next, anything in particular that interests you ?
  • AlirezaMorgan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlirezaMorgan polycounter lvl 6
    it looks really cool i love the mood of the place it kinda reminds me of the first mummy movie
    mind if i ask a couple of questions ?
    the cobblestone you used on the floor is it a mesh or just a tessellated texture ?
    and how long did it took for you to finish this piece ?
    thanks a lot 

• Benvox2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it looks really cool i love the mood of the place it kinda reminds me of the first mummy movie
    mind if i ask a couple of questions ?
    the cobblestone you used on the floor is it a mesh or just a tessellated texture ?
    and how long did it took for you to finish this piece ?
    thanks a lot 

Cheers! The ground is just a material I made in Substance Designer, however, I also added some geo tiles to place over the top. This gives it a less flat look. No tessellation or anything fancy here. I think the whole set took me 2-3 weeks in total.
  • candice_fonville
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    candice_fonville polycounter lvl 5
    This is amazing! I love the mood and all of the detail in the materials and other assets! May I ask your method of creating the rubble/debris piles? Is this all a substance designer material? Are assets like this expensive for these kinds of scenes? 
    Thank you for your time,
    CandiceF.
  • candice_fonville
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Benvox2
    This is amazing! I love the mood and all of the detail in the materials and other assets! May I ask your method of creating the rubble/debris piles? Is this all a substance designer material? Are assets like this expensive for these kinds of scenes? 
    Thank you for your time,
    CandiceF.
  • candice_fonville
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Benvox2
    Thank you for your time,
    CandiceF.
  • Spag_Eddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spag_Eddy greentooth
    Very atmospheric, I likey! Nicely done.
  • Benvox2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Benvox2
    Thank you for your time,
    CandiceF.
    Thank you! Most of the larger rubble if from megascans. I have adjusted it slightly and added some bones etc. It is usually ok as long as you have some aggressive LODs set up like I have here.
  • Benvox2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spag_Eddy said:
    Very atmospheric, I likey! Nicely done.
    Thank you !
  • Nars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nars polycounter lvl 6
  • Tetranome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tetranome polycounter lvl 6
    Amazing as always @Benvox2
    Love seeing fresh stuff from you! The lighting really sets a mystic atmosphere.

Which materials in particular were made in designer? I've been working in it a lot recently and would love to see where you're at :smile:
  • cjwidd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cjwidd polycounter lvl 2
    Really nice work +1. Out of curiosity, did you use tessellation anywhere in this project?
  • Benvox2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tetranome said:
    Amazing as always @Benvox2
    Love seeing fresh stuff from you! The lighting really sets a mystic atmosphere.

Which materials in particular were made in designer? I've been working in it a lot recently and would love to see where you're at :smile:
    Thank you kindly! From memory, the floor texture and also the basic wall were done in Substance Designer. I wish I had more time to spend playing around with it.
  • Benvox2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cjwidd said:
    Really nice work +1. Out of curiosity, did you use tessellation anywhere in this project?
    Thank you! No tessellation or anything fancy. Had to be running will in VR which restricted a lot of fancy features.