Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Octo

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Dantert polycounter lvl 10
Hello Polycounters, long time no see :smile:
Here is my latest character I just finished.
I started it for the Beneath the Waves challenge on Artstation but I ended up leving it for a while. I finally managed to push myself to complete it :smiley:
Concept by Giorgio Baroni
Hope you like it!
Bigger images here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/nm5y1
2 4k map sets(Diff,Norm,Metal,Gloss,SSS,Emissive) For top and bottom. THe top part of the body goes until the black line over the circular metal parts.

Replies

• WilliamB_Art
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WilliamB_Art triangle
    That is awesome mate! Great work!
  • Dantert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That is awesome mate! Great work!
    Thanks!!
  • Lukeman87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lukeman87 node
    Spectacular concept! The execution is well done, as well. I like the texturing and color scheme a lot and good detail on the head. I feel like there could be more sculpting detail throughout the top of the tentacles.  It just looks a bit flat compared to its head. Underneath with the suction cups looks great though. The mesh looks good and your maps are well done too. Is there a little creature inside controlling the otco? Or is the octo one whole creature?
    Great work!
  • Dantert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lukeman87 said:
    Spectacular concept! The execution is well done, as well. I like the texturing and color scheme a lot and good detail on the head. I feel like there could be more sculpting detail throughout the top of the tentacles.  It just looks a bit flat compared to its head. Underneath with the suction cups looks great though. The mesh looks good and your maps are well done too. Is there a little creature inside controlling the otco? Or is the octo one whole creature?
    Great work!
    Thanks Lukeman87! From the concept I imagined it as a bio-mechanic creature, but now that you make me think about it, it would be cool to have a little creature moving it from the inside XD