Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Delta Hexagon

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
DeltaHexagon polycounter lvl 4
A place for my 2d and 3d bits and pieces, I suppose. I don't remember how I found this place, but I'm so glad I did because everyone's work is so amazingly inspiring and I hope being here will help pull me out of my rut and give me something resembling purpose.

I haven't used any 3d software since graduating art school a great many years back so I'm kind of relearning all over again. It's a bit of a process but I'm determined to relearn everything from before and even more on top of that.

I'd very much appreciate critique and any tips anyone has. c:

Thanks for all who stop by!

Replies

• DeltaHexagon
    Offline / Send Message
    To start here's some of the recent things I've been working on. A fire wurm and a sort of weird monster buddy that I'd like to try my hand at creating in 3D sometime down the road, as well.

• DeltaHexagon
    Offline / Send Message
    Been working on that spindly legged weirdo, it ended up becoming more of some angelic abomination than what I was originally going for. Trying to get as much detail into it as i can.

• DeltaHexagon
    Offline / Send Message
    Tried a little but of zbrush sculpting today. Very rusty, kind of terrible, but I tried and that's what counts.

• DeltaHexagon
    Offline / Send Message
    I managed to get some practice in after work today and I'm very happy with it!

• DeltaHexagon
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm trying to take my 3d art more seriously and get a little bit in each week. Here's the results of last weeks tentative fiddling after a long dry spell away from my dear friend zbrush.

• DeltaHexagon
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay so I started on this guy out of the blue a while ago and it's been a While since I've used ZBrush. I'm kind of kicking myself for not remembering subtools were a thing until too late but aw well, still good practice, right?

Also heck, is there any way to delete my own posts? I'd like to start this thread over fresh, but if there's not, well thats more than okay, too.

• DeltaHexagon
    Offline / Send Message
    I've decided to plan out and work on concepting and modeling a creature to the best of my current abilities. I planned out deadlines and what I need to do by when, and broke it down into little tasks that I can easily do while working fulltime in a factory and without sacrificing my health. So here's some sketches! I've been having a bit of trouble with the legs, but I think they'll sort themselves out as I continue to work on it.