Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Environment Arts(2D), Improvement critiques would be nice

Replies

• iacoccakhen
    Offline / Send Message
    iacoccakhen polycounter lvl 5
    Hello everyone! have a nice day! :-)
    I'm pretty happy with this, but this can be improved.
    I think the image need a little bit more "punch", but I'm afraid to put it, I think the lights are correctly placed already, but this is not good enough, so, I really cant put My finger where it is(besides composition, it's still quite boring)
    I'm quite happy with this honestly, but if you can tell Me where to improve, I would be happier,

Thanks! :-)
    Can I get this printed? Amazing work!
    as long as not for commercial, sure! :-)
  • iacoccakhen
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello everyone! have a nice day! :-)
    I'm pretty happy with this, but this can be improved.
    I think the image need a little bit more "punch", but I'm afraid to put it, I think the lights are correctly placed already, but this is not good enough, so, I really cant put My finger where it is(besides composition, it's still quite boring)
    I'm quite happy with this honestly, but if you can tell Me where to improve, I would be happier,

Can I get this printed? Amazing work!
  • iacoccakhen
    Offline / Send Message

Here's one I quite did, because I like Industrial Complex, and gotta render the kitbash haha,,
    After the image done, the composition is not working #Artistlife

If you can see any improvement please let Me know..

• iacoccakhen
    Offline / Send Message

Scifi Research Base.
  • iacoccakhen
    Offline / Send Message

Industrial sketch again, because I like industrial stuffs.
  • iacoccakhen
    Offline / Send Message

reupload and reworked :B
  • iacoccakhen
    Offline / Send Message
    well.. you fail some.. you retry some..
    Anyway.. I dont know where else to improve on this.. so if anyone can point some that would be awesome..
    I know a character would be nice.. but I can't make character so.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I might leave it for a scale placement maybe..

By the way here is the story..

An Old, ugly ass Necromancer came to a ruin where an old culture lies, and he cast a forbidden spell to release a plague upon the world..

That night is called "Plague Landing" by the Townfolks..

• WilliamB_Art
    Offline / Send Message
    WilliamB_Art triangle
    Hey mate, this last work of yours is freaking awesome! The only things i would point out: I suggest you to give some more shape to that beam light on top of the tower, right now it looks like a light, but I think that, with some more shape definition, it would look like some awesome beam coming out of it ( like doom soundtrack art cover, i will send some reference with this post).
    And I think that giving some wear and tear to does bricks at the main wall would be awesome too, because i think they are too clean to this situation.
    Also, I'll say: If you don't know how to do a character, study how (at least some silhouette), it would pay off.
    And, at last (for now): I've got so inspired by this arts, so, if i wanna make a 3d version of some of those, just for study (and maybe portfolio), giving you the credits for the concept/idea, would that be ok?

Cheers

A

• iacoccakhen
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey mate, this last work of yours is freaking awesome! The only things i would point out: I suggest you to give some more shape to that beam light on top of the tower, right now it looks like a light, but I think that, with some more shape definition, it would look like some awesome beam coming out of it ( like doom soundtrack art cover, i will send some reference with this post).
    And I think that giving some wear and tear to does bricks at the main wall would be awesome too, because i think they are too clean to this situation.
    Also, I'll say: If you don't know how to do a character, study how (at least some silhouette), it would pay off.
    And, at last (for now): I've got so inspired by this arts, so, if i wanna make a 3d version of some of those, just for study (and maybe portfolio), giving you the credits for the concept/idea, would that be ok?

Cheers

A

Hi man! Thanks for the input! a light beam from the top of the tower? I'm so agreee! that would be very nice.. Thanks again! :-)
    Oh man you're so right.. I missed the wear and tears.. thanks2
    Sure man.. that would be awesome!

Thank you very much for the input Will! I'm very much appreciate it! :-)
  • WilliamB_Art
    Offline / Send Message
    WilliamB_Art triangle
    My pleasure to help mate, I'm excited to see more updates of your work soon!

• Chill_Pill
    Offline / Send Message
    Chill_Pill polycounter lvl 4
    Dude what your art is neat ! Industrial landscapes are hard to pull off. There's a great danger of putting in too many details, but you avoid this pitfall and your images still are readable.
    The one you posted in April is very nice, tho I'd suggest to move the vanishing point of the bridge a bit, either to the right or maybe right in the center. Feels off to me as of now, I don't know why.  Ah and maybe tone down those 2 lights on the bridge, they immediately attract the eye.
    For the Sci fi research base, I feel that you could expand a bit the foreground (the facility) to the right, there's an empty space you could use to add some positive and negative shapes (but sparingly). Also, the tower on the right is kind of lonely, maybe move it a bit to the left ?
    Keep it up, that's very cool (really love the sunset landscape in page 1)
  • iacoccakhen
  • Doodlok
    Offline / Send Message
    Doodlok interpolator
    Wow, I came to see improvement thread and I only see masterpieces. Great work for literally every piece you've uploaded.

I think it would be really interesting to see some more characters or props interacting with your environments, they are great on their own but I think it might add some more in-depth narrative to your works. Also, regarding your necromancer piece, I actually quite like the subtle lighting you gave on the top of the tower instead of lightbeam, it fits the storyline you gave bit more and beam of light these days became too much of a cliche for me.. 
  • iacoccakhen
  • iacoccakhen