Home General Discussion

ever notice stuff irl that makes you feel like you're in a game? "glitches in the matrix"

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Kaine123 polycounter lvl 10

a couple days ago I was walking down the street and i noticed a molded concrete wall that was meant to look like stones, but the mold had been tiled a bunch of times like a texture and it was super noticeable. the whole thing felt really surreal. i've also had multiple times where i noticed people looking nearly identical in public almost like character models being reused. 

have you had anything like this happen to you, polycount? 

Replies

• Blond
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond polycounter lvl 9
    In Hawaii, there is a phenomenon in which the sun is directly pointing downward on objects making them appear as if they didn't have a shadow.

To human eyes, it looks odd, just like a weird rendered game that doesn't have shadow casting or AO.

• Chimp
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimp interpolator
    Blond said:
    In Hawaii, there is a phenomenon in which the sun is directly pointing downward on objects making them appear as if they didn't have a shadow.

To human eyes, it looks odd, just like a weird rendered game that doesn't have shadow casting or AO.

anywhere within the tropics afaik, so the whole middle band of the map
  • JordanN
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanN interpolator
    Low polycounts.  :/

• Joopson
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    There's an evergreen tree in a neighborhood near me that, I swear, is made out of alpha planes.
  • Toku
    Offline / Send Message
    Toku polycounter lvl 6
    Well I recall one time I was sitting at my desk, And there was the last orange M&M next to my keyboard. I threw it up in the air and swallowed it. Relishing in its deliciousness I wished I had more. I opened my eyes and looked down and there it was, The same orange M&M which I had just eaten in the exact same place.

I started freaking out, The only way I can rationalise it is that there was another one lurking under my keyboard and it rolled out as I closed my eyes, but yeah for a good few weeks I had an existential crisis