Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Core dynamesh issues or user error?

ntomassetti
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
ntomassetti polycounter lvl 2
I recently bought an intro level tablet which came with Zbrush core to learn how to sculpt a bit better before I decide whether or not I wanted to purchase the full version of Zbrush.  I'm not sure if I'm just "dynameshing" wrong or if it's core.  I'm a bit more comfortable in 3ds max when it comes to controls so I figured I'd put together the basic idea, export it, and sculpt finer details in Zbrush.  I basically combined a bunch of rocks in 3ds max and attached them so they're one object and imported into zbrush.  I wanted to utilize dynamesh to combine them all into one mesh instead of a collection of meshes.  When I hit dynamesh my model turns to swiss cheese with a bunch of holes in it and sometimes missing entire parts of the mesh.

Does dynamesh not work right if the objects I'm trying to combine into one aren't subtools of the main tool in zbrush?

Replies

• Revel
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    Zbrush do have this problem too sometimes if you dynamesh lots of object elements at the same time. You can try to dynamesh one by one until you got all combined, normally this works fine for me.
  • ntomassetti
    Offline / Send Message
    ntomassetti polycounter lvl 2
    Revel said:
    Zbrush do have this problem too sometimes if you dynamesh lots of object elements at the same time. You can try to dynamesh one by one until you got all combined, normally this works fine for me.

I think my problem was scale.  The model was imported too large so scaling it down pretty much fixed my issues with dynamesh.