Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: DDO crashes after switching between tabs (albedo/normal/gloss...)

benyo
vertex
Offline / Send Message
benyo vertex
hey guys!
I recently bought the Suite because this tool is amazing.
Yesterday i finally found the time to do some stuff with it... but unfortunately it crashes all the time while iam switchen between the tabs like "AlbdoM/Gloss/Metalness/Normal". It doesnt matter which of them i choose first after pressing the tab DDO gives me that error message instantly.

I hope you can help me somehow :)

best regards,
Benjamin

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter

Go ahead and try the following:

1. Close Photoshop and the Suite.
    2. Right click on Photoshop, choose Run As Administrator. This only needs to be done once, and does not need to be set to permanent administrator access.
    3. Close Photoshop.
    4. Run the Suite. If the issue persists, continue:
    5. Close Photoshop and the Suite.
    6. Right click on the Suite, choose Run As Administrator. This only needs to be done once, and does not need to be set to permanent administrator access.

Please let me know if this clears up any of the issues you're experiencing.

• benyo
    Offline / Send Message
    benyo vertex
    Hey synaesthesia,
    First of all thanks for the fast reply! cool support btw!
    Before i started creating this threat i read through this forum to find maybe a solution.
    I just started everything as admin, reinstalled the suite and also excluded the .exe from my anti-virus software (iam using nod32 if that could help).
    Thats why i created this threat and posted the error message because i thought that would help.
    Another thing is that i got a pretty heavy machine at home (GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Turbo, AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16x 3.40GHz and so on...) but the application is still pretty slow no matter if i choose a 4k texture or even with a 1k one its super slow :/

If u need further information feel free to ask!

Benjamin
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Alright, let's take this to the primary support channel so our programmer can look into it. Send an e-mail to support@quixel.se with all of the details you've mentioned and I'll get it routed to him ASAP. Sorry about the trouble!
  • benyo
    Offline / Send Message
    benyo vertex
    I'll do and thanks for the awesome support! keep this up 

best regards, 
    Benjamin
  • Arminus
    Offline / Send Message
    Arminus null
    Hi,
    I believe I am having the exact same issue, I have tried the starting PS and Suite in administrator mode as suggested above but the problem isn't going away. Only seems to happen when switching between different maps (albedo, normal etc).

I hope some of this helps in identifying the problem
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Are you running Suite 2.3.2 or an earlier version?
  • Arminus
    Offline / Send Message
    Arminus null
    I am running 2.3.2 (it started as soon as I upgraded to 2.3.2)
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Send an e-mail to support@quixel.se with all of the details you've mentioned and we'll have our Suite programmer look into this for you.
  • Arminus
    Offline / Send Message
    Arminus null
    Will do, Thank you!
  • IDCrisis0
    Offline / Send Message
    IDCrisis0 polycounter lvl 6
    Any updates here? I tried starting a project 5 times today and constantly crash with this same issue. I went through mutliple troubleshooting steps including what is mentioned here with no luck. Is QS just dead?
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    As mentioned to the previous poster, please send in an e-mail to support@quixel.se so we can have our programmer look into this for you. It appears to be a unique issue per-system and it's best addressed individually as I can find no blanket solution to this particular problem, unfortunately! :)