Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

steampunk game character

triangle
Offline / Send Message
BittaSingh triangle
 this is the character i want to complete  to a fine level .  will add more details and  update on it . 

Replies

• BittaSingh
    Offline / Send Message
    BittaSingh triangle
    ok so  some update on it . added some color and worked on the face  ,  still lot do . any tips or  suggestions are welcomed . 
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Her proportions do not read realistic if that was the intention.  Are you trying to make her proportions reality accurate
  • BittaSingh
    Offline / Send Message
    BittaSingh triangle
    Her proportions do not read realistic if that was the intention.  Are you trying to make her proportions reality accurate
    yes i am aiming for realism but also  beautiful in a godly  way . please give me some  more info to do that ,  i will work on anatomy . i also want more gadgets  and props  on her  , if  you have any pinterest  that  i can  follow  , would be really good . 
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    So proportionally, it sounds like you're aiming for what I'd call heroic proportions.

Here's a quick guide to the proportional differences between average humans and heroic humans by Andrew Loomis (EDIT: I'm sorry, @carvuliero), a master figure drawer.

In regards to design, it's really hard to tell right now "who" this character is without some concept on your end or an explanation of what purpose this character has.  Is this a pinup?  A military official?  A waitress?  A fashion model?

Good steampunk is more than just adding gadgets to a character.  Frankly, a lot of it has to do with actually keeping gadgets to a minimum.  I'd argue especially that it will take an understanding of what the future looked like to INdustrial Age residents and designing around those expectations.  And even innovating on it appropriately.  I caution you to think hard about what your concept is going to be in this regard.mis 
  • carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character

Here's a quick guide to the proportional differences between average humans and heroic humans by Andrew Leslie, an master figure drawer.

It's Andrew Loomis !!!
  • BittaSingh
    Offline / Send Message
    BittaSingh triangle
    @Brian "Panda" Choi thank you for this  reference . i think ill go with fashion proportions , ill work on it . 
    as for the who this character is , i  have no idea , i liked that dress and thought of making a character in it . but i get what you are saying ,  i will work on it . thank you soo much . its times like  these when i feel i am so fake  . 
  • Skinner3D
    Offline / Send Message
    Skinner3D polycounter lvl 5
    Beautiful woman in a godly sort of way is a rough way to go about it. I typed 'beautiful woman' into Google images and got thousands of different woman. If you type 'goddesses' into Google images you get a whole lot of long haired women with smooth 'perfect' bodies.
    If godly body means sexy, then that is a whole other set of parameters and women.

It really comes down to having reference. Find someone or something you like the look of and copy it as best as you possibly can. It's not plagiarism, just make sure you credit the original artist and don't make money off of their work. The peeps here on Polycount are really good at looking at your work and your reference and telling you what doesn't match up. The next time you do a similar project you will automatically incorporate some of the critiques into that work.

Even those who create the concepts that a lot of us use, use reference. If they don't its because they have done this so many times that the foundational shapes are burned in their brain.
  • BittaSingh
    Offline / Send Message
    BittaSingh triangle
    @Skinner3D ,  i am using references , it was her story  or character  that i did not thought about . but ya  i use reference all the time . 
  • BittaSingh
    Offline / Send Message
    BittaSingh triangle
    ok so i  worked on her character and this is what i came upon ,  this is rough  but atleast now i know who she is  . let me know what you think .
  • Skinner3D
    Offline / Send Message
    Skinner3D polycounter lvl 5
    She is definitely more believable now. Curious to see how it looks when all the shapes are cleaned up.