Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Grass flipped on it's side

KurtR
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
KurtR polycounter lvl 7
I am noticing that a few of the grass models are flipped on it's side when I import to UE4. Am I importing these with incorrect translations, or is this a mistake in the library itself? Also, I bought both the "tall grass" and "clumped grass" assets, and the models themselves have the same names, which I found a slightly counter intuitive. Both are just called "Var1_LOD0" and so on.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    You can change the import direction of a mesh in Unreal at any point, or simply change its rotation by editing the mesh in the editor. Additionally, the grass variations can be renamed in the editor by pressing F2. :)
  • KurtR
    Offline / Send Message
    KurtR polycounter lvl 7
    It was really weird. LOD0 was the flipped one, and too get it fixed I had to change the direction then reimport to sort it out. Both the assets I bought had this issue. Am I missing something or is it just not put properly together in the library? No big issue, just didn't understand why it never took the translation changes. Or am I missing something about both the reimport and the idea behind having that one asset flipped on its side? In the first two images you first see lod3 then lod0, and in the last I changed the rotation and then reimported to get it sorted out.

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    I'm honestly not quite sure why Unreal does what it does in this regard - you may wish to ask the Epic support forums about mesh import issues. I'm not much help there, unfortunately. :(

Let me know if I can help with anything else!
  • KurtR
    Offline / Send Message
    KurtR polycounter lvl 7
    Thank you, Synaesthesia :) Ill just do it this way for now and maybe Ill stumble upon something down the line regarding the importer.