Home Adobe Substance

Problems with Color ID Mask

ngon master
Offline / Send Message
zachagreg ngon master
So Im having an issue with generating a Color ID Mask and Im probably doing wrong in the first place BUT here is my issue:

The brown line between the white material and the plaster material is showing the material on the very bottom right now through the color ID map. Im assuming its due to the pixels located along that line not being true one color or the other on the map.

Here is how Im generating the color masks right now they feed off of a unified generator that allows for the materials to deteriorate off the surface of the wood planks in the back. How do I either setup up the color mask correctly via masks or how do I get said color map to display materials properly without the division line. Also Im blending the material using a multi material blend hence the Color ID.

Replies

• Clark Coots
    Offline / Send Message
    Clark Coots polycounter lvl 12
    I don't know if this would work, but instead of feeding your composited RGB mask into Color ID mask node, you could just feed the raw channel, Red, Blue, Green as grey scale into the mask input of a blend node... maybe it'll work more consistently? Also tere would be no need to composite the colors together.
  • zachagreg
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    Unfortunately I believe I need the color ID specifically for the multi material blend node that I am using to get the layering effect without fudging about with height masks. Or do you mean something different? Right now I basically have 3 masks that are variations of a mask so that they are within each other and then I am  just multiplying in the colors to blend together to get the ID. 
  • poopipe
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    The multi mat  blend can be pretty crappy, you basically end up with 1 bit masks that are then blurred, I find it's reallreonly effective with straight edges. 

The best fix is to use a series of single mat blends - if you're only doing 3 masks it'll likely process faster too. 
  • zachagreg
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    Thanks yea I was just under the assumption of less nodes means better, but now that you say that and I do it it's actually less nodes to do it with single mat blends since I don't have to make the color ID mask. Thanks for the help!