Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] Diana Nature Guardian

triangle
Offline / Send Message
BluepigART triangle
? Hey there! This is my first time participating on something like this :0! So I hope I can get trough this without getting too nervous 

I hope the tittle is good enough I always wanted  too see or draw my own version of this idea, Diana as spiritual Nature guardian, I just really love Diana's story and I love the potential she has as a hero so I definitely want too explore this idea of her as a really strong guardian, taking the power of the nature and being stronger during the night like those nocturnal plants (with all those pretty light and all that jazz) 

I want too explore this concept before jumping too the splash art, so I'll try too have a final design by the end of the week hopefully I can get something interesting, I did a few sketches too create the feel and idea I want too go for.  I want too combine a few ideas and keep it interesting, I want too go for a more strong a bad ass looking for her and not  as sexy as Zyra  or LeBlanc, anyway Hope you like my idea :D I'll post a mood board and something more clean and body exploration in the future ?

I like the face B but I'm not convince about the back part of her hair so I'll like too combine it with the end of the option C ! I'm having so much fun! I'll love too read your opinion tho thanks! 

Replies

• BluepigART
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BluepigART triangle

Hey there! I finally got too do more armor variations! I really tried too push myself and get different shapes and concepts, I like the shapes of the D and F so far and the idea she can glow on the dark as well since she is connecting with the night and moon I tried too keep her colours on that coolish palette, I'll design her weapon once I deiced the final one, I'll love too read your opinions! Thanks ♥ Super exciting with this project n.n 
  • BluepigART
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BluepigART triangle
    oh btw you can right click and open imagen in a new tab for a better look! 
  • BluepigART
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BluepigART triangle
     I am back and ready too start with the final illustration! I'll love too heard you opinion, I tried too go for Diana protecting the forest like if she is always on guard, always observing, I was also thinking on exploring the contrast of the forest at night I think it could be interesting with her story, I hope these are clean enough! Thanks ♥ So far I really like the 1 and 5 I think they have a better potential for final splash art, I can't wait too start ! :D

• Rishabh_Sharma007
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good going, nice.
  • Shayumi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shayumi triangle
    Hi there! Nice idea and wonderful work so far! Regarding the armor I like B, D and F, though B and F fit more to Diana then D I think... For the composition I think 2,3 and 5 would look awesome! In these pictures you have a nice connection to the moon light! 
  • BluepigART
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BluepigART triangle
    @Rishabh_Sharma007 Thanks! I'll keep working on these days! ♥ 

@Shayumi Thank for your comment ! I'm going with the F for the final Look but I'll add some details from the D! I also think those are the ones who looks more like her and fit more the light warrior Idea I'm going for, I'll explore the 4 and 5 composition for now since I think those are the one with more potential (and they'll kick my confort zone haha) Thanks! I'll keep working now :D 
  • ElizabethPL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElizabethPL polycounter lvl 3
    Looks nice! Love it! I thing 4 and 5 are the ones with more potential too but also think 2 is interesting since it seems she is actually watching the forest, like she is "on duty".

Keep it up!
  • BluepigART
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BluepigART triangle
    @ElizabethPL Thank you! I actually took hat idea of the 2 too fix and push the idea on the 4 !

It took me a while too get some interesting values but hopefully I'm getting there, I change the background idea too help the idea of she looking from a really high point, Really trying my very best too get a good result! thank y'all :D 
  • BluepigART
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BluepigART triangle
     Doing some progress on this :) Hopefully I'll finish it soon! I have too fix some values problem specially on her head making the bg darker and start adding more blue hues! hope you like it!
  • BluepigART
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BluepigART triangle
     I'm sorry I didn't post as much for the progress ;; But I'm glad I did it on time, I tried too push myself and get the best result! I hope you like it, she was a lot of fun too work with! I'm glad I stick with my own skins and one of my favourite heroes :D