Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Critique (3D Artworks) - Aiming to work in a AAA Game industry

null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
isaiah1989 null
After a year of self-study and practice, I can now finally translate my 2D artworks to 3D.
I'm dreaming to work in an AAA game industry, and know it's really tough to get in since I don't have any experience to work in a game company.
It's also really hard to look for a job in a small game dev team that's why I'm doing my best to make my 3D portfolio better!

Here are some of my 3D works last 2017. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
https://sketchfab.com/Isaiah1989

Replies

• dGreenberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dGreenberg polycounter
    Hey @isaiah1989, you've got some really cool looking sculpts there! I'm still aiming for a studio job myself, but I'd like to weigh in with my own opinion. I particularly like that Asura sculpt (I really enjoyed the game despite some less than favorable reviews). If you're aiming for a AAA studio in the games industry I think you'll want to take your sculpts further by bringing them into a retopo program and creating a lower poly game version. Checking out some of the sketch fab models, it looks like they might have been decimated in ZBrush, so it'll a little messy when viewing the wireframe. You'll want to try and familiarize yourself with UV unwrapping, and PBR texturing probably wouldn't hurt (the more skills you have relating to the character pipeline the better it'll look). 

If you need to check up on some specifics in the character art field, Polycount has a great and informative wiki over here

I think it might be better off bringing your personal website over to something like Artstation. I haven't used Wix myself, but I've heard that it's not as ideal for displaying your work in the industry. You can set up a custom URL there if you have a Pro account, but even without one it's a great site to showcase your work. 

I hope this info helps and that you're having a great start to the new year!
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    Your work is incredibly solid.  But I agree with dGreenberg that if you want to be in the gaming industry, you're going to want to make a low poly and put your characters in a realtime engine.
  • isaiah1989
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    isaiah1989 null
     thank you for your advice @dGreenberg and @slosh  !! I highly appreciated it! Yes, you guys are right. That's my next goal for this year.
    To master the texturing and low-poly model :)