Home General Discussion

Hope you had a great Holiday!

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
pmiller001 greentooth
Hey everyone, I hope you all had a great holiday, and a very Merry Christmas. I wanted to share the good spirits with you all so I want to know what you guys got this holiday, and what you're thankful for as this year is coming to an end. I personally love hearing about the joys of others, like some kinda of..joy leech..the good kind. 

This year, I got a brunch and breakfast cook book by Bobby Flay. My sister bought it for me because she knows i love breakfast foods, and she hopes that being able to cook brunch will help me find a girlfriend. (pretty sure that last part was a sneak diss on her part, was sitll pretty funny though.). 
I'm thankful for the new friends i've made through this site, and the improvements i've made on myself from last year. It really is cool to see how hard work pays off. 

Replies

• praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    Nice!  That cookbook sounds great.  Now just photoscan all your creations and share them here.  Sounds like you had a good holiday.

I had bought myself an early Christmas gift last month of a Huion tablet monitor.  My wife got the family a Nintendo Switch and some games and bought me the blue D.Va hoodie that I've been wanting for a bit.  This year has been pretty great.  I'm getting my art out there more and got to attend BlizzCon for the first time this year and got some good portfolio reviews while there.  Here's hoping that 2018 is even better.   :) 
  • pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    praetus said:
    Nice!  That cookbook sounds great.  Now just photoscan all your creations and share them here.  Sounds like you had a good holiday.

I had bought myself an early Christmas gift last month of a Huion tablet monitor.  My wife got the family a Nintendo Switch and some games and bought me the blue D.Va hoodie that I've been wanting for a bit.  This year has been pretty great.  I'm getting my art out there more and got to attend BlizzCon for the first time this year and got some good portfolio reviews while there.  Here's hoping that 2018 is even better.   :) 
    Thats awesome @praetus
    , glad you got a chance to go to blizzcon!. And yeah man, I bet 2018 is going to be great, your work is lookin tight. Rockon bro
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Finished cooking some pulled pork and dropped it off at the Trellis CIC Homeless Ministry Dinner in the morning.  Left early because I'm still hacking up phlegm.

I cooked my family a roasted chicken and a burssel sprout roasted with bacon and basalmic vinegar.  Put a plate in my depressed mum's room since she has voided contact with anyone since August.  Left the rest for me dad.

Worked on this art test.

And then left to a friend's house to hang for a bit till midnight, and then came back home.  Heard a friend reminisce and rant about how hard it is to make and keep friends in Los Angeles.  Saw Home Alone.

No presents . . . yet. Then again, I've stopped expecting presents for ten years from anyone else.
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Nice, I love breakfast foods too :) My friend somehow managed to get me a SNES Classic, so I got pretty pumped about that! I also finally splashed out on myself and got Marmoset Toolbag. Now it's time to severely restrict my diet and lose those christmas pounds :#
  • pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    Finished cooking some pulled pork and dropped it off at the Trellis CIC Homeless Ministry Dinner in the morning.  Left early because I'm still hacking up phlegm.

I cooked my family a roasted chicken and a burssel sprout roasted with bacon and basalmic vinegar.  Put a plate in my depressed mum's room since she has voided contact with anyone since August.  Left the rest for me dad.

Worked on this art test.

And then left to a friend's house to hang for a bit till midnight, and then came back home.

No presents . . . yet. Then again, I've stopped expecting presents for ten years from anyone else.
    Man I'm glad you got to get to cookin. I always see you streaming those dishes and they are lookin TIGHT. Ashervisalis said:
    Nice, I love breakfast foods too :) My friend somehow managed to get me a SNES Classic, so I got pretty pumped about that! I also finally splashed out on myself and got Marmoset Toolbag. Now it's time to severely restrict my diet and lose those christmas pounds :#
    New year new yoo amigo. I'm impressed your friend got you that SNES! thats awesome. Does it play like the original SNES or was anything added. 
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

"Hope you had a great Holiday!"

Nah!...worked and my bill paying job also requires both myself plus a number of co-workers too work throughout the holiday period 24/7 (12hr day/night shifts) as security guards for a major rail construction project. 

• Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    ate too much drank too much, so yeah  a pretty normal Christmas. I did play mouse trap with the bairn which was fun( and I lost)
    will be drinking only Gaviscon cocktails from now until new year:)

• CaptainBlueSkies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Happy New Year everyone!