Home Technical Talk

ZBRUSH - I need to morph an OBJ into another OBJ that is identical in vertex order/count.

sr3d
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
sr3d polycounter lvl 2
I have an OBJ loaded in Zbrush.  I have an identical OBJ appended that has the same vertex order & count. The only difference is the mesh has pushed around a bit via sculpting.

I want to morph the original OBJ into the other OBJ that has major changes in it's mesh, but vertex order & count is the same.

I can use Project All, but this doesn't use the vertex order and count, which results in a bad projection since a lot of the mesh is intersecting with itself.

How can I load a morph target in Zbrush for the current Tool?  There has to be a way to just load morph targets for the existing OBJ by selecting another OBJ file.

Replies

• cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    If the vertex order is the same (meaning for example, that vertex # 2134 is in the same spot on both meshes), then you should be able to store a morph target or layer on one Tool and then import the second OBJ over top of it (not as a new subtool, but by using Tool: Import to update the existing model). The Morph target/layer should then let you switch and blend between the two shapes. 
  • thomasp
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    you could also create a new layer on your tool (turn off and hide all others you may already have created), set it to record mode and import your morph target into it at the lowest shared subdivision level (through the import file dialog, not by selecting another tool already loaded). then step up through the remaining levels to make sure the detail sticks to the new shape.