Home Featured Artwork

DONE Realtime Ancient Martial Artist Character. 80k Tris. 4k Textures.

Replies

• Elithenia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
  • bystry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bystry polycounter lvl 3
    great work, thanks for share:)
  • jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
  • JohannesAg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohannesAg greentooth
    looks awesome man ! The only thing I would personally change is the color of his harness since it melds a little with his skin from a distance
  • CrackRockSteady
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Most of him look pretty good but feet and neck need more work especially feet which look like a block of wood 
    also straps that hold metal arm are very thin and the one on his back wont work mechanically as you sew it , its just for show there 
    Looks like part of his triceps is missing , left to the strap
    Wrapping sharp blade with leather straps isn't very smart idea 
    Pants have too many wrinkles that doesn't make much sense for example bag or what ever is on his right side looks much more believable  
    Why did you bandaged his metal arm ?
    Have you conciser him able to breath with this metal splint on his rib cage ?

• Jmc_Artmod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jmc_Artmod triangle
    Most of him look pretty good but feet and neck need more work especially feet which look like a block of wood 
    also straps that hold metal arm are very thin and the one on his back wont work mechanically as you sew it , its just for show there 
    Looks like part of his triceps is missing , left to the strap
    Wrapping sharp blade with leather straps isn't very smart idea 
    Pants have too many wrinkles that doesn't make much sense for example bag or what ever is on his right side looks much more believable  
    Why did you bandaged his metal arm ?
    Have you conciser him able to breath with this metal splint on his rib cage ?

Thx for the crits. Some things aren't perfect.
    Some are justified others maybe less.
    Not sure about the missing tricep part?
    The wrap are on the part where the blade isnt sharpen. ( like the base of a hunter's knife)
    For the pants. You may be right since I didn't study every possibilities of probable wrinkles. Just thought it looked 'nice' enough.
    Bandage on his metal arm is to put emphasis on the 'Fighter' theme.
    And the bar under his chest cause him to breathe quickly and anormally ( like omega man in I'm a legend)

Overall I may say your crits are really good in terms of Functionnality. Really appreciate it! I will try to make my nexts characters ore functional! 

Big thx to you !
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Made you simple paint over 
  • Bigg__D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigg__D polycounter lvl 4
    Very awesome this is high quality stuff man good job. Looks like Bruce from Tekken like his build, tattoos, head shape from the back etc. lol. The only thing that really sticks out to me strong is the feet, they look swollen or inflated. And like they said, a simple color change for the harness would do well since it blends too much with his skin color. Final thing, and this is just my opinion, I would remove the bandages from the metal arm because one, it will show the mechanical detail more and two, it will create some contrast, allow the eye to wander & explore. Breaking up the symmetry can make stuff look so much better if its done right & doesnt take much time. 
  • Jmc_Artmod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jmc_Artmod triangle
    Made you simple paint over 
    Yeah! Thanks! Really good! For the neck I got the crit before, that we dont see spline unless your neck is bending foward. I wont make that mistake anymore. For the triceps I feel it could have been more visible you are right. and for the bone near elbow, completely missed it haha. And the strap would have made it difficult for him to move that way. I think I should have juste wrap it up around his shoulder like on the other side! 

Anyay, thx for the crits, I will correct those point on my next projects!
  • Jmc_Artmod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jmc_Artmod triangle
    Bigg__D said:
    Very awesome this is high quality stuff man good job. Looks like Bruce from Tekken like his build, tattoos, head shape from the back etc. lol. The only thing that really sticks out to me strong is the feet, they look swollen or inflated. And like they said, a simple color change for the harness would do well since it blends too much with his skin color. Final thing, and this is just my opinion, I would remove the bandages from the metal arm because one, it will show the mechanical detail more and two, it will create some contrast, allow the eye to wander & explore. Breaking up the symmetry can make stuff look so much better if its done right & doesnt take much time. 
    I do agree forthe feets, they are too much inflate. Not sure about the color change of the harnest. And the bandages needs to be there for the 'Fighter' theme. And my character is already really asymmetrical. If I remove the bandage it creates really too much asymmetry on the character.

Thanks for your crits ! :)
  • Niknesh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Niknesh polycounter lvl 10
    The wrap on the left hand isn't as good as the one on the right and it also sticks out more, plus he's holding the weapon in it. If you remove the wrap from the metal hand completely and replace it with the one on a healthy arm, that would make it look much better. Even if you keep the glove.
    Btw, I really like how the skin works with that light setup, I think that's the first thing that got me looking at your art piece.

Overall, truly awesome work :smiley:

How long did it take you to finish it and what was the most challenging thing to do while you were working on it?