Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ASUKA Fan Art

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
GeoCat polycounter lvl 7
Hello polycounters....

Been working on this Asuka fan art piece, put my own spin on it.... might do some posing soon....

Let me know what you think,

thanks! 

Replies

• dGreenberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dGreenberg polycounter
    I'm like your spin on this! I think it might read a little better if the longer hair in front was covering her eyepatch side instead of her good eye. I don't know how convenient it would be flip that over, but I feel like she'd have a lot more character coming through if we could see her eye. 

Do you think you'll be doing a game-res version, or keep it more of a sculpt? I'm digging her new collar design; it feels like Evangelion meets Warframe. It'll be cool to see where you take it from here. Good luck!
  • GeoCat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeoCat polycounter lvl 7
    I'm like your spin on this! I think it might read a little better if the longer hair in front was covering her eyepatch side instead of her good eye. I don't know how convenient it would be flip that over, but I feel like she'd have a lot more character coming through if we could see her eye. 

Do you think you'll be doing a game-res version, or keep it more of a sculpt? I'm digging her new collar design; it feels like Evangelion meets Warframe. It'll be cool to see where you take it from here. Good luck!
    Thanks for the feedback, dGreenberg... glad you dig the take.

Yes on all accounts. This is the dynamesh design slop sculpt. Been working on the clean up today.... hopefully I'll have some updates soon...

cheers

• Aren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aren polycounter lvl 9

I really like your take on the suit, and I agree with @dGreenberg about the hair and the eyepatch.
    IMO both the front and back silhouette are great, but the side looks messy especially in the hair.
    I did a paintover with some suggestions in the hair and a bit in the butt. Also, all divisions between colors need more definition so it doesn't like a poorly painted figure.

• GeoCat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeoCat polycounter lvl 7
    Aren said:

I really like your take on the suit, and I agree with @dGreenberg about the hair and the eyepatch.
    IMO both the front and back silhouette are great, but the side looks messy especially in the hair.
    I did a paintover with some suggestions in the hair and a bit in the butt. Also, all divisions between colors need more definition so it doesn't like a poorly painted figure.

Thanks for the feed back, Aren.

Unfortanely I've got to ditch this. I liked if for a minute but feel as though I'm spinning my wheels with these Anime females. I've moved onto something else thats better suited to my skills :)