Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Triumph Street Twin Motorcycle

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
wormo polycounter lvl 5
Hey all, I'm pretty new here. I've lurked around a bit and thought I'd post my first project that I've taken really seriously. I would love to know what you all think. Thanks for looking :smile:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/zGlzZ

Replies

• Justo
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    ...Looks seriously good! I love it, and I think your presentation of this is simple but very elegant. 
  • HiernauxNicolas
    Offline / Send Message
    HiernauxNicolas polycounter lvl 10
    Yeah ! Really nice and it looks globally quite clean ! 
    Did you plan a texturing for this model ?
    I think you should to work a little bit on the headlight/taillight and the reflection inside the mirrors. It will help to avoid the 'toy effect' on this parts and it will gain in realism.
    You can too scratch a little bit the brake disc too.
    ;)
  • wormo
    Offline / Send Message
    wormo polycounter lvl 5
    Thank a lot! I really appreciate your comments.

I agree that I should work more on the translucency and reflections of the headlight and the blinker (signal lights) as well. Do you think the tire material should be less reflective or darker? I was wondering about that...

This was my first assignment for some online 3d courses I started taking, so as it is pretty introductory we have not been asked to do any real texturing or a low poly or anything like that, although as I learn those skills I may choose to do those things later on.
  • Kanni3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d ngon master
    Definitely could benefit from a darker, rubbery tire, and a bit more work on proper reflectivities inside the blinkers/lights!

Super good results and work, well done.
  • PixelMasher
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    nice modeling! I think you could push the materials a bit further, but the shapes look great. Love triumph bikes, they are so gorgeous.
  • wormo
    Offline / Send Message
    wormo polycounter lvl 5
    thanks you guys for the great feedback. I'll definitely be redoing the light materials and will play with the tires a bit more. Triumphs have such classic style! love 'em...
  • Johnnynapalmsc
    Offline / Send Message
    Johnnynapalmsc interpolator
    All it's missing is a better headlight, it looks really off currently. Other than that all looks good
  • wormo
    Offline / Send Message
    wormo polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks @Johnnynapalmsc I'm gonna redo that part... messing with transparent materials for the first time
  • Jarran
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarran polycounter lvl 11
    This is presented so nicely. I think a touch of subtle roughness variation would go a really long way
  • rogermein1
    Offline / Send Message
    rogermein1 polycounter lvl 6
    Great presentation.  I like the use of lighting and background.  
  • wormo
    Offline / Send Message
    wormo polycounter lvl 5
    Much appreciated!

I agree @Jarran. I am still learning texturing, but that's a touch I'd like to add.
  • p_rox
    Offline / Send Message
    p_rox null
    I love the presentation style and texture on most of the elements - only part that bugs me are headlights - as HiernauxNicolas  said before, little more work on shapes inside/reflections and it would blend in just fine. Good job :)
  • keket
    Offline / Send Message
    keket polycounter lvl 2
    Love it like I said on artstation but I just noticed. Are you missing the radiator? I see the guard but no actual rad behind it.

Also damn you p_rox for pointing that out, now i cant unsee the headlight :dizzy:
  • wormo
    Offline / Send Message
    wormo polycounter lvl 5
    thanks guys! I'm almost finished redoing the internals of the headlight! it's taken a bit of experimentation but it's almost there. I'll be redoing the renders within a few days.

@keket that is actually the radiator I believe. I'm not a motorcycle expert, so I just did my best to model it as I saw it :P

• keket
    Offline / Send Message
    keket polycounter lvl 2
    Ah yeah, what I meant is that there's no backing to it in some of your renders, that metal sheet is just the radiator guard to stop stones and other stuff messing up the rad, what sits behind that guard is something like this 
    Okay that's from a speed triple. but you get the idea.

You can kinda see it behind the rad guard in this pic of a T120

• wormo
    Offline / Send Message
    wormo polycounter lvl 5
    @keket ahhhh yep I see what you mean now. shouldn't be see through like I have it because it has the finer radiator material and not just the guard I've been focused on... thanks for pointing that out.

currently trying to figure out how to place the logo on the gas tank if anyone has any good decal tutorials I could check out... rendering in arnold and struggling to get a mix shader to work. I'll play with it some more tomorrow.
  • wormo
    Offline / Send Message
    wormo polycounter lvl 5
    I took everyone's feedback into account that I could. I am still a novice at texturing, so no tire text for now, but I may go back and add that once I get better at texturing. This is where I'm gonna leave it for now unless anybody sees any changes I missed and still need to do.

Changes: gas tank decal, darkened tire material, redid radiator, redid mirror material, redid headlight.

A couple more renders over at my Artstation. Thanks again for looking. Feedback is always welcomed.