Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] - Character Art - Tristana

vertex
Offline / Send Message
Sorbetto vertex
Hi Everyone!. It is my first entry in a contest like this. I've been a fan of league of legends art for a long time, So I decided to create my own model of one of my favorite characters Tristana. I will try to achieve cinematic quality similar to the short films produced by Riot. Since it is one of my greatest dreams modeling characters for short films. soo...wish me good luck

First thing to do. Choose the concept. To me Tristana Should look like this concept. I do not know the author. So if you Know it, please tell me.

Then...
I collect references for clothes, cloth, ears, etc.

in zbrush. I start with a dynamesh sphere. for proportions I only use the concept and I put it as a spotlight. When I had something that I liked, I just exported it to maya and started modeling props. For good topology I will worry about later. That's the magic of zbrush.

I want her to have strong arms...after all she carries a dam cannon bigger than her. Later I'll try to make hair with xgen and details like that. At this point I am very happy with its proportions but if you have any suggestions to make it more attached to the concept please be free to comment.

moving to the cannon. I am modeling it directly in Maya and I hope to pass it to zbrush for small details

There are still many things that I do not know how I'm going to solve. like the gloves and the kind of shield he carries in his hand. But I will be uploading all the updates I make of the model soon. I have some free time these days hopefully for the proyect. soo...It's all I have for now. Updates I hope soon:). Grettings from Costa Rica!:D

Replies