Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Please Critique My Work!

vertex
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
MarcoSkoog vertex
Hello!
I'm tryin to spice up my plein air by doing it in hi-bit pixel. Waay out of my comfort zone, so would love some C&C!!

Replies

• kayta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kayta greentooth

Maybe play around with the contrast, hue and saturation (above is just one example). Not sure if you want to keep to the reference image (which we can't see) or what mood you're going for but in terms of improving the image it's usually worth messing around with the adjustment layers. Also maybe lighten up the dark outlines on everything, they often mess with depth perception. Hope that helps :smile: 
  • beccaanthony003
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very interesting approach to plein air! How long does it take you to work on these?
  • MarcoSkoog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MarcoSkoog vertex
    Very interesting approach to plein air! How long does it take you to work on these?
    It took me quite a while, I started plein air and moved into the studio to work on it more, took me roughly a good 6 hours maybe ^^ 
  • Daruxial
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daruxial polycounter lvl 6
    Hello! It's really great, it looks like it took forever :O! however there are too many things happening in the piece in terms of focus, I assume you are trying to tell a story about the two people in the art? If so I suggest pushing more of that value so that it gives more emphasis on the light coming since nothing is popping out as I look at it, you wanna capture the viewer's eye. Also maybe use um things like the golden ratio or the rule of thirds grid to help place the focus subjects in terms of composition. I made this quick edit to show you what I mean, I just stretched the tree's to fill the games and increased the light areas. :) hope this helps.
  • MarcoSkoog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MarcoSkoog vertex
    @Daruxial
    Thanks! Great tips there! :D