Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Quistis Trepe (Final Fantasy VIII) Remodel

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
EvilSylvanas polycounter lvl 3
Hello everyone, here is my attempt to remodel one of the characters from Final Fantasy VIII - Quistis Trepe
i'm mostly satisfied with what i achived, exept face and hair, but there is always room for improve

Rendering made in marmoset toolbag 3

Replies

• almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    She looks very short/dumpy...
    Image result for quistis

The original character's legs are about a foot longer than yours, and has narrower hips, waist, and shoulders. the zipper on her top also closes higher up her chest.

Related image

her eyes should be narrower, and her hair styled so that it helps to shorten and narrow her forehead. you need to rework her eyebrows as they are one of the more striking facial features she has.
  • EvilSylvanas
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for reply! Im glad it was you @almighty_gir  :)  I tried to make realistic proportions, so a make legs shorter, as far as i remember every character from FFVIII had long legs (at least Squall for sure) as i said above i dislike the head, and the face probably should rework it in the near future.
    Thanks again for constructive criticism !
  • Joao Sapiro
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    her head definately seems off, did you use references of real people since you are aiming for realism ? it always helps to post the reference next to the model and see where it became off.
  • EvilSylvanas
    Offline / Send Message
    no i didn't and it was a huge mistake i know, i just could not find any reference that's fit the character.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Regarding the face, I think some issues that come to mind, if at least to aim for the next model:

1)  Eyebrows look caked on instead of as individual hair clumps.  A hair brush in Substance Painter could resolve this.
    2) I think the hair is reading flat because each hair volume is so constricted into its particulkar volume.  I see very little flyaway cards, split ends, etc. in the hair.

I'm with Lee on the proportions.  She looked realistic still in her original conception, it's just that she's wafer thin like a crisp. It's a body phenotype I personally associate with nerds/geeks/scene fans.

Good job with the leather arms.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Honestly in a lot of ways, the female characters across a lot of the Final Fantasy games are using similar facial features.  I would just take a look at their cinematic models.
  • EvilSylvanas
    Offline / Send Message
    Honestly in a lot of ways, the female characters across a lot of the Final Fantasy games are using similar facial features.  I would just take a look at their cinematic models.
    Good idea, thanks for replies