Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(wip) Axe

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
marco_3D_artist polycounter lvl 5
Hello guys   
I'm building my portfolio and i would like some suggestion about my axe based on a concept from "the art of Blizzard" i just change a couple of things
It's not finished yet i just did a fast render from Zbrush and i have to create texture  in Substance Painter
Thanks guys!!    

Replies

• carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    If I give you this so called axe would you be able to chop few trees ? Looks to me that at best you could damage some of tree bark ->> you need more axe blade , function should drive design 
  • marco_3D_artist
    Offline / Send Message
    If I give you this so called axe would you be able to chop few trees ? Looks to me that at best you could damage some of tree bark ->> you need more axe blade , function should drive design 
    Yes it's true!! i'll give more blade!! thanks for your advice!! :D:D
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Well If your making a metal album is gonna be perfect, for most other things, Id say re-working the design is probably a good move.

right now your gonna stab yourself in the leg with the shaft before you manage to chop anyone with that thing, and If you somehow DO get to anything with that blade its gonna break right of.

So If you dont need one of your legs I guess  you got the free room to swing that bad boy, and have at least two good swings, one for each blade, and then you still have a fancy pointy stick you can use as well!
  • marco_3D_artist
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet said:
    Well If your making a metal album is gonna be perfect, for most other things, Id say re-working the design is probably a good move.

right now your gonna stab yourself in the leg with the shaft before you manage to chop anyone with that thing, and If you somehow DO get to anything with that blade its gonna break right of.

So If you dont need one of your legs I guess  you got the free room to swing that bad boy, and have at least two good swings, one for each blade, and then you still have a fancy pointy stick you can use as well!
    Yep you are right!! i will re/working on my design  :) thanks for your advice! ;)