Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] - Character Art - Woad Queen Vi

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Jappomo polycounter lvl 4
Hi, im sorry, but due to my job overtime in my past month , i have to call forfait from the Challenge.. =( im sorry for all the user that was interested and was follow my tread, i wish i can have a better situation in the next challenge on polycount or on any other platform, im sorry guys.. See ya around.. and Congraz to all the user that partecipated to this contest and i wish you good luck .. i saw a lot of great work. 

Bye , 

Jack

Replies

• Jappomo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Concept idea for the Woar skin.. im a bit stuck in the design of the gloves, but overall im pretty satisfied of the result by far,
    i hope to find a good design for the glove so i can decide my color palette.. 

SOON new update,  i hope u like it =D 

• vonboe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vonboe polycounter lvl 12
    Awesome.
    it gives of a bit of princess mononoke vibe, cool stuff.
  • Keyla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keyla triangle
    This is awesome! I can't wait to see how you get on! 
  • jman86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jman86 polycounter lvl 5
    This one is going to be awesome. I really look forward to how her gauntlets are going to look. 
  • Elithenia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    oh looking forward to this
  • Cam Sykes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cam Sykes polycounter lvl 3
    Cool ideas so far, keeping an eye on this.
  • Nuclear Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    This is a really great idea! Really cool concept, I am looking forward to see this in 3d!
  • Jappomo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, guys,  ;) thanks all for all the compliment.. i'll try to do my best to develop a nice looking 3D model.. B) im also have to say that im seeing in the contest a lot of amazing entries.. :o  

UPDATE 1 

Today i did some small progress... i started with some color palette test using the palette used for Woad King Darius Skin.  :/  i just came up with 2 color set.. i will test some more.. in the next few days..
    In the spare time after work.. i decided to do also some progress on the 3D mesh.. so i worked on zbrush tryng to build a body in dynamesh and find a good balance of propotion in order to fit the body style used in the game.. 

Like alway critique and feedback are very welcome.. looking forwad for new update i wish a good work all. 
  • renanfab
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renanfab polycounter lvl 11
    Looking great man, nice work. Loved the design you made and really fits the LOL fantasy. 

For the modeling i would say some anatomy parts could stand more like the ribcage looks really flat in the sideview ( but looking from front view). Same thing i would say in 3/4. The ribcage and the wings of the lastissimus dorsi could be improved, giving a better silhouette of your character. Watching your post and looking to see more of it :D 
  • Jappomo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @renanfab
    thanks man, im glad u like it. 
    About the rib cage u are right, it feel a bit flat and i will do some test.. and post it =D atm im kind of not sure about the distance from the deltoid and the major pectorals.. seems they are too distant like she have the spline bended too back (i hope u understand me), about the latissimus dorsi, i will improve for sure, they seems missing.. because of the line of the rib is too strong 
    - - - - - - - 
    im close to publish a major update i need to find just a bit of time for a good presentation.. as a tease this is the sketch of the gauntlet, im kind of eng up doing something not too complex..the only thing that matter is that vi is able to smash everything! 

• Jappomo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello friend, im happy to share with you some update i did in a couple of hours after work on the 3D side, over all i think i will focus more on the Armor and at the end the face.. that at the moment is the part that im not happy about it..

- - - - 
    in the image below is visible the initial phase of blocking out geometry and volume for the singular shape and see together if in 3D works, im happy so far.. im way far from a good state, but i reserved a free day in the weekend for work on her so i think i will do big progress.. (crossfinger)

i hope you like it, like always critique and feedback are welcome.. 

bye!  B)