Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio advice/critique for a 3D Generalist

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
BeardedMike polycounter lvl 7
I dread to make this thread but i'm at a point where I'm ready to accelerate my career and could use some direction and fresh eyes,  maybe some suggestions on some projects I could add to it.

Here is my current portfolio,

https://wastelandart.artstation.com/

My question would be, In the past the advice I've got was to stick to one skillset in my portfolio.  So I've focused on modeling and prop creation.  That being said I have experience in rigging and animation, is there any value to showing these skills in my portfolio?

Quick background,  I have a degree in Modeling and Animation and work full time as an artist at a mobile game studio.  At work I am involved in the entire pipeline, from concept, to asset creation, to animation, but our projects are entirely 2D in Unity.  While I enjoy my work, 2D just isn't where my heart is at, so over the last few years in my free time I have been building my 3D portfolio and learning new skills.

There are a few things I know about my portfolio,

-  It needs more diversity in projects (What i'm working on now)
-  I need to cut some of the projects that aren't as strong
-  I put a lot of hours in to my portfolio, but to be honest i'm really starting to doubt myself on it

Thanks everyone

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    I'd scrap the Suzuki toolbox. It's not as interesting as your other props. For the rigging/animation, on the top of the website, where it says "Homepage - Portfolio - Resume", why not have it say "Modeling & Texturing - Rigging & Animation - Resume"? Have a separate section for your modeling portfolio and rigg/anim portfolio. I'd also scrap the homepage, its not doing anything for your website. Those are my two cents.