OpelM polycounter lvl 8
  • Noth
    Offline / Send Message
    Noth polycounter lvl 14
    No music category?
  • cheeseplus
    Offline / Send Message
    cheeseplus admin
    Sounds Design arguably covers this but it's something we can think about for the future.Noth said:
    No music category?

• dur23
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
  • BigSisNatien
    Offline / Send Message
    BigSisNatien triangle
    dur23 said:
    WAT
    I saw them mention this on their Twitter... These countries have laws and rules concerning contests in general that are too hard for them to work around. 
  • crashadams
    Offline / Send Message
    crashadams polycounter lvl 7
    The only contest I've had time for was the last time this one came around...guess I'll have to MAKE time again, Looking forward to seeing the other entries!
  • rGx
    Offline / Send Message
    rGx null
    Hi,
    So if I live in Quebec I can't participate? That's right?
    Can we have more details about this, I'm confused ...
  • toonietuesdays
    Someone already asked a question I was looking to ask (Altering the geometry of the character a lot) but perhaps I can hone in on my question: Is the idea of doing an Immortan Joe version of Urgot going to break any rules? Can it be viewed as just a reskin..well..that and remodeling too..? Or is it breaking the rule about using other people's concepts?

Thanks!

• Laalu
    Offline / Send Message
    Laalu null
    So no contest for Quebec residents ? wtf ?
  • Rhesyuzz
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhesyuzz polycounter lvl 9
    Why Brazillians cannot participate?

• cheeseplus
    Offline / Send Message
    cheeseplus admin
    As BigSisNatien points out, the list of countries that are or aren't allowed to participate comes down to really boring laws concerning throwing contests, giving prizes, and international business. I can't offer a ton of insight but at a high level:

- Brazil: complicated b/c Riot also does business there, basically would mean we have to do TWO contests
    - Greece/Italy: weird bonding requirements for even holding a contest
    - Quebec: dual language laws strike again

The other countries fall on export control lists which means nobody is really allowed to do business with them. Neither us nor Riot have anything specific against these countries but there isn't much we can do given the legal overhead mentioned.
  • Odow
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    - Quebec: dual language laws strike again

The other countries fall on export control lists which means nobody is really allowed to do business with them. Neither us nor Riot have anything specific against these countries but there isn't much we can do given the legal overhead mentioned.
    But 3 years ago, with the same rule in place, a quebec resident end up winning third position and received his prize.

Nope, this is false. The rules are different for 2017 hence why a completely new document was written and underwent legal review, the 2014 rules are available here
    http://polycount.com/discussion/160144/riot-games-art-contest-2014-rules
    -cheeseplus

• PK89
    Offline / Send Message
    PK89 vertex
    May i know the jury name please. 
  • TouijriHamza
    I have never participated in any competition , so i'm curious about this one , i mostly am able to do most of the categories , but i specially am better at 3D character modeling , animation and concept art ! although i'm curious about the character art ! like if i wanna make a champion in 3D , can i give the character a bit of my own art style , like a more pronounced anatomie , same cloths but with some tweaks , or also same hairstyle but with different changes in the hairdue , the meshes etc ? or am i supposed to completely stick to riot in game art style and just change the skin , or am i free to really add an original touch to the champion also am i reduced to some polycounts or is it free to be high resolution in details etc ? Thank you again for the help if anyone can answere these questions !
  • sovijoil
    Offline / Send Message
    sovijoil polycounter lvl 3
    Hello. Can I represent a group of champions united by a common action?

• Bruno Afonseca
    ARE NOT RESIDENTS OF CUBA, IRAN, NORTH KOREA, IRAQ, SUDAN, SYRIA, GREECE, ITALY, BRAZIL, OR QUEBEC

WAT
    I'm both a Brazilian and a Quebecois resident. crap
  • Roque_Leão
    Offline / Send Message
    Roque_Leão vertex
    My maternal family is Italian and the paternal is Brazilian... and currently I am a Brazilian resident and I will not be able to participate... very bad. But the Brazilian Mike Azevedo and all the Brazilian players I know who play lol, will be representing us. I didn't even pay attention to the awards, but for recognition of an agency I admire, or even for the love of design, I studied, read about the character I thought of doing the illustration and proof is that this first image of the post It is from another user who has paid more attention than me on the countries... I would participate even if it was free, but it's part of politics and life.
    Thank you very much and good luck to the deserved winner.
    1- 
    2-
  • Roque_Leão
    Offline / Send Message
    Roque_Leão vertex
    My maternal family is Italian and the paternal is Brazilian... and currently I am a Brazilian resident and I will not be able to participate... very bad. But the Brazilian Mike Azevedo and all the Brazilian players I know who play lol, will be representing us. I didn't even pay attention to the awards, but for recognition of an agency I admire, or even for the love of design, I studied, read about the character I thought of doing the illustration and proof is that this first image of the post It is from another user who has paid more attention than me on the countries... I would participate even if it was free, but it's part of politics and life.
    Thank you very much and good luck to the deserved winner.
    1- 
    2- 
  • AntonioEffectsFX
    Will be my first time entering in this contest, but I will give it a shot. I will be entering in the VFX category.  
  • Gabiloko
    Offline / Send Message
    Gabiloko vertex
    Hi there, 

I would like to register to the contest. How do I? I've already created an account at polycount but I can't find any link to the contest registration. I can not access the link to the submission download tool either (in the "Riot Creative Contest Rules" pdf). 

Thank you. 

Regards, 
  • PK89
    Offline / Send Message
    PK89 vertex
    Do we need to create single texture map?
  • TinyTRex
    Offline / Send Message
    TinyTRex vertex

Contest Questions:

- Can I make multiple submissions for one category without penalty? Like several illustrations/paintings for the illustration category? (Skin Splash Art + Scenario Art etc.?)

- Are there restrictions on the submission format or the size of the file and dimensions of the artwork? 

- The requirements for showing process 

- After I submit my work into the contest can I link the posting and post pictures of my entry on my own social media pages to show to my friends without penalty? 

- I saw somewhere that contestants are required to show their work for their submissions on a polycount WIP thread? What are the details for those rules? Is there a requirement for how the steps are shown, how long they are shown for or when they are uploaded prior to making a final submission? Are there requirements for how the thread is made?