Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First Substance designer personal work

THA
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
THA polycounter lvl 2
Hi everybody!

Well after a lot of time without posting on polycount I've decided to start publishing my work to get feedback :smiley: 
To get in touch again with the comunity I've choose to get in experiment with substance designer, So here is the material that I think is up to show hahaha.

So please I would appreciate any feedback that you can give me to learn about designer. Please feel free to post and download the .sbs to see my the graph.

I have to thank Kurt Kupser by his breakdown  ;)

I wanted to achieve a varnished old look with edge wear and dirt. Playing with roughness I introduced some scratches and pits but I think that roughness is my weakness actually.

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Hey, just fyi, you're not going to get many replies if you don't include images uploaded directly in the post. Most people won't download a file to their computer to see your stuff. Are you able to upload some renders instead of a zip file?
  • THA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    THA polycounter lvl 2
    Hey, just fyi, you're not going to get many replies if you don't include images uploaded directly in the post. Most people won't download a file to their computer to see your stuff. Are you able to upload some renders instead of a zip file?
    You didn't see any renders? :o There are 4 renders in the post, or at least I can see them  

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Oooh now they show up. You know, its something to do with the connection on my work computer. This happens to me every time I forget that this happens sometimes hahaha

These kind of floors are sanded down pretty smoothly, so I think you should reduce the normal intensity of the grain. I believe the grain should be noticed primarily through the colour. I'd also reduce the edge damage at the end of each plank. You did a good job with the colour and I think the roughness is spot on :)