Cathodeus polycounter lvl 14
    Understood [will do].
  • Maddog4america
    Offline / Send Message
    Maddog4america polycounter lvl 5
  • Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    Maddog4america There are no relationship in between our software, a comics, or a sadly well known guy.
    Yes there is Hydra in our software's name, because any keyboard key can execute more than one tool [Multi Purpose Key like multi Head Hydra]. Nothing related to the comics ... Also it's not Hydra but "KeyHydra"

• low odor
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Hello. Was trying to check this out, and I keep getting an error when I use any of the lazerCut Cutters.  Using Max 2016

also  from the listener:

Key press count = 1   
    -- Error occurred in obj loop
    --  Frame:
    --   Boolean3: undefined
    --   obj: $PolyBox001
    --   called in assignOperand()
    --  Frame:
    --   linker: (ctrlDef ctrl:Controller:Transform_Script)
    --   objs: #($PolyBox001)
    --   operation: #subtraction
    --   cutter: $ScreenMesh001
    --   called in subtract()
    --  Frame:
    --   objs: #($PolyBox001)
    --   prevMode: #create
    --   called in tryApplyOperand()
    --  Frame:
    --   source: #($PolyBox001)
    --   type: #Circle
    --   temporary: true
    --   FUNc: subtract()
    --   manipulate: true
    --   called in makeBoolOp()
    --  Frame:
    --   operation: " Subtract"
    --   FUNc: subtract()
    --   called in makeSubtrahend()
    --  Frame:
    --   called in make()
    --  Frame:
    --   state: true
    --   button: CheckButtonControl:btnCircle
    --   called in btnCircle.changed()
    --  Frame:
    --   state: true
    >> MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception:
    -- Runtime error: startObjectCreation() requires a scene object class parameter, got: undefined <<
  • Swordslayer
    Offline / Send Message
    Swordslayer interpolator
    @low odor  see the main description, while keyhydra itself works on max 2016, lazercut needs max 2017 and above.
  • Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    We will make it clearer inside the installer itself [Previous  Max version off the plug-in will stay as legacy version]. Onikanabo will concentrate all efforts on the 2 lasts versions of Max, so this year it's 2017 & 2018 next year will be 2018 and 2019. [So while the installer will still allow to install older versions we will only bug fix on the 2 last versions of Max]. So i just edited the Gumroad Page. Now Keyhydra is sold as Max 2017 and 2018 Plugin only. [Less confusion for clients].
  • Darkmaster
    Offline / Send Message
    Darkmaster polycounter lvl 11
    I am all about this.
  • Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    We should release a new build with the triangulation fix really soon [today or this weekend].  need to test a bit the build just in case.
  • Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    We just pushed the new "KeyHydra" Version with  "LazerCut" version V3.02

This version do include :

-The triangulation fix on non planar faces upon bool op.
    -Also the  "Primitive" Keyhydra function do now create 'Grid Sized Primitives' with Multitap, 'Unit Sized Primitives' with Shift+Multitap, or "Basic Primitives" with Ctrl+Multitap.
  • gandhics
    Offline / Send Message
    gandhics polycounter lvl 7
    The coplanar problem is actually coming from CARVE library.
    But, I would still report as bug. 
    Did anyone report to Autodesk? Any DEFECT number?
  • Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    @gandhics That is correct. We fixed it but it was not a Keyhydra issue. Autodesk is fallowing this thread. I'm part of beta test team but didn't entered it as a defect [I really lack of time]. If you can push it just do it and provide us the defect number i will pass it directly to our contact at Autodesk. [Better entering a defect even if we are in direct talk with them --> like this it can't pass under the radars.].

Edit : SwordSlayer just told me that Musashidan did a report. Maybe he can provide the defect number.

• duke
    Offline / Send Message
    duke polycounter lvl 13
    I'm trying to work out keyhydra and im having a bit of trouble. I'm doing the following:
    1. Go to the function editor and make a new 3dsMax Classic function. 
    2. Call the function bridge, bind ctrl+tap to Edit Poly, Edit Poly, Bridge
    3. In the keyboard layout, I double click b and assign the Bridge function.
    4. When I hit ctrl+b, the listener prints "Key press count = 1" but my selection doesn't get bridged!
  • Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    @duke Maybe you didn't notice that in "Edit poly" mode you have to click on the start edge and target edge it's not automatic. But you can as well use "Keyhydra" versions of bridge wich do work in both "Edit Poly" and "Editable Poly" --> This one will perform the bridge immediatly

I made a video for you : https://db.tt/489w3IgjmV

• duke
    Offline / Send Message
    duke polycounter lvl 13
    Great, that worked thanks!
  • Br0ken
    Offline / Send Message
    Br0ken polycounter lvl 3
    Is there any progress?
  • Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    For sure there are progress ! Next update will be available soon. What will be added inside will be totally unexpected by current users. There is something brand new inside. We're still improving user experience on this new thing.
  • endeffect
    Offline / Send Message
    endeffect polycounter lvl 8
    Just tried trial version. Looks pretty good but why do i need KeyHydra for using LazerCut? Is it possible to install LazerCut without KeyHydra? I don't think i need Quadra Tap feature to use LazerCut. If you would sell LazerCut only package, it would be instant buy for me. For now, i'll continue to try trial version.

Also is it possible for you to share a roadmap? This thread is full of non-professional communication with customers and it creates some trust issues on package when you read it. Maybe you should create a new thread for it and only demonstrate current and upcoming features of your tools. I'm sure there are people like me, following the thread and deosn't feel okay about communication, un-necessary ego, memes, useless news like "stay tuned", like if i'm following a magazine. I'm sure it will increase your sells. No offense. 
  • Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    @Endeffect Hello, my answer will not be the one you're waiting for. I already answered to this question In this thread wich is very long so i will provide you the same answer. Basically if we had to sell LazerCut separatly it will be at the same price than the entire package  is actually. So for that price you get the entire keyhydra toolset. Doing separate products is twice maintenance work for the dev team, twice more testing, so twice more money and we want to keep focus on what do really matter --> the soft itself. Onivision was a try and i learned with it that having another product is a real pain. [Licensing, server, installer, test, etc ...].

About the communication, yes i understand we're not as good as people would like us to be. We're technical people and our qualities are more to be searched inside the software itself, instead of in a forum thread. To me forums are non formal place where we can talk in a more personnal way. I'm talking with my pair here. From artists to artists, the same way as i would do with my colleagues.

There will be no roadmap. Sorry. [We do have plan, but it will not be public --> same way as autodesk for the same reasons]. People purchase what  is available at the moment of the purchase, we're not selling something that will maybe never happen.

Our sales are good at this moment, we sold a couple of licenses to really well known studios. Wich i really respect not because they use our softwares but because the games they're doing are top qualities.
  • endeffect
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for quick answer. Here is the first bug i've encountered on trial version. I just put a split rectangle on a cube, performance dropped a lot and got "Unknown system exception". Performance on viewport turned back when i collapsed CleanEdges modifier.

Another bug with really low performance: https://prnt.sc/gtjfwj

Only resetting max fixes all of them.

Edit: If you are able to fix boolean triangulation, can you add using meshes for LazerCut to have non-triangulated mesh also? Like hard ops maybe. Triangulation drives me crazy.
  • Swordslayer
    Offline / Send Message
    Swordslayer interpolator
    endeffect said:
    Thanks for quick answer. Here is the first bug i've encountered on trial version. I just put a split rectangle on a cube, performance dropped a lot and got "Unknown system exception". Performance on viewport turned back when i collapsed CleanEdges modifier.

Unless it was a heavily subdivided cube, this shouldn't of course happen, the thing is I can't reproduce that and it can be even some 3rd party callback clashing with what we're doing here. Hard to tell, really, and even harder to debug remotely.
    endeffect said:

Can you point out what we're looking at here for me, please? You mention low performance, how does it exhibit? Or maybe you meant a different bug? The fillet radius handles seem to be oversized, is that it? Unless you were zoomed away a lot, I'd not expect them that big, they're initialized to 10px screen size. What does resetting max fix?
    endeffect said:
    Edit: If you are able to fix boolean triangulation, can you add using meshes for LazerCut to have non-triangulated mesh also? Like hard ops maybe. Triangulation drives me crazy.

Not quite sure what you're asking for here, on the off chance you want to deform the cutters which would result in them being triangulated, there's a checkbox in the CleanEdges modifier to take cutters into account when detriangulating as well (since usually, there's no need for that, it defaults to ignoring them).
  • Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    To all users : We were contacted by Autodesk for the triangulation bug. We provided them all the informations we had. [How did we solved it our way]. So hopefully it should be solved in a future Max patch.
  • endeffect
    Offline / Send Message
    endeffect said:

Unless it was a heavily subdivided cube, this shouldn't of course happen, the thing is I can't reproduce that and it can be even some 3rd party callback clashing with what we're doing here. Hard to tell, really, and even harder to debug remotely.

Cube was around 700 triangles collapsed to edit poly. I got unknown system exception error too.

endeffect said:

Can you point out what we're looking at here for me, please? You mention low performance, how does it exhibit? Or maybe you meant a different bug? The fillet radius handles seem to be oversized, is that it? Unless you were zoomed away a lot, I'd not expect them that big, they're initialized to 10px screen size. What does resetting max fix?

Viewport FPS dropped a lot, like from 280 fps to 12. As i say before triangle count was around 700. When i collapse all modifiers, performance went back to 280 fps. But when i add other subtract meshes, performance dropped again. Instead of restarting max, i resetted it and any new subtract meshes stopped dropping performance.

Fillet radius size is another issue. I made it on ortographic camera and cube was almost taking all space on camera. On other tries, it didn't happen again. Also after playing with couple of meshes, max crashed.

This was the result of playing with the trial for 15 mins. If i can write reproduce steps for the bugs i've encountered, i will.

Using max 2018.3 update btw.

Another exception error while changing fillet size window: http://prntscr.com/gtmtig
  • Swordslayer
    Offline / Send Message
    Swordslayer interpolator
    Thanks in advance, I will definitely need more details. I hope nothing substantial changed with the latest update (I'm still on 2018.2).
  • Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    Edit : I was hable to repro indeed it happen with splits cutters. We will enquire.

@endeffect Thanks for the report.
  • Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    @endeffect We just solved it fix will be available in next build. [Monday maybe if no big issue appear within the new feature].
  • endeffect
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow this is great, i didn't expect this much speed for fixing that bug.

This is not a bug, but maybe would be better user experience. When i add any cutter object, Create > Geometry tab goes to Compound Objects everytime and i need to select old one again. Is it possible for you to hold current dropdown selection and select it after cutting object?

Thank you.
  • Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    @endeffect I agree with this request. While it seems super easy to do from a first impression it's no as simple. We will try anyway if it's in the next build than we're lucky guys :-)
  • Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    We just published the new Keyhydra build :

+Added : WheelControl Feature [All Poly ops can now be controlled with mouse wheel a video is coming later this week for more infos].
    +Added : Lot of Keyhydra scripts [available from main menu].
    -Fixed   : Big performance slow down issue while splitting an object is now fixed.
    -Fixed lot of small bugs.

As a sneak peek here are first pictures of WheelControl features in action :smile:

What are we looking at here ???

Wheel control allow the user to control any modeling op with mouse wheel from amount of segments on primitives, to connect amount, pinches, extrudes settings, any op really ! Even the one that are not yet inside max [technical people will be hable to tweek the xml file].

Non technical people will be hable ton control everything from a nice ui.

To all our LazerCut users, i want to say you all that this release is maybe no what you were expecting. We're currently working on some tiny improvements and one new big feature. Just for LazerCut. Next big build will be LazerCut centric.

00_Primitives Creations

10_WorldUnit_Or_ScreenUnit Support

20_While Active And After Validation-Wheel control  on Connect op

30_InteractiveToolCompatibility_ExempleWithChamfering

40_ControlMultiParamAtOnce

• Swordslayer
    Offline / Send Message
    Swordslayer interpolator
    Just to add some words of explanation, when creating any primitive (built-in, scripted, 3rd-party plugin, anything you configure in the UI/xml config file), it's parameters can be changed during creation by scrolling the wheel while holding shift/alt/ctrl. The obvious choice is changing the segment count (the cutter fillet segments are by default also bound to a wheel shortcut), but you can also change any other numerical parameter, sizes etc.

You can either choose a fixed amount to change by everytime you turn the wheel or a screen pixel amount, that will be translated to world units based on current zoom level. Show here on a comparison of inset amount in world units vs screen units. In edit poly/editable poly, it works both when the caddies/settings dialog is open, and immediatelly after any supported operation.

So for example if you have Connect bound to a shortcut, you can fire it and tweak it by ctrl/alt/shift scrolling the mouse wheel.

Same if you use the interactive chamfer from the UI and want to change segment count or tweak the tension more precisely (or if you use Repeat last and want to change the outcome without undoing and pressing the settings button).

You can bind more parameters to the same key, so you can for example change the length and width segments at the same time,

• Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    @endeffect The fix for performance is inside this new build. For the feature request it was really harder than expected but we do have the solution. Selecting the root object after each cutter op will be something of the past soon.
  • Justo
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    Ohhh, loving this update! These remind me of Maxivz's Interactive tools he released here a while ago. Yours look a bit more polished with the option to switch from world-space to ss units. The more tools that let us click less, the better. Will keep an eye on this, keep it up guys. 
  • endeffect
    Offline / Send Message
    Cathodeus Thanks for the information. New features looks cool also.
  • Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    @Justo It may seems to be the same thing than Maxviz did but it's not really the same. As we're deeply integrated to max and highlyz customisable. Maxi did lot of cool stuff. We're in contact with him.
  • Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is the new feature video :

• Swordslayer
    Offline / Send Message
    Swordslayer interpolator
    And here's some more info on advanced wheelControl configuration, in case you want to go beyond tweaking the values and add your own presets for different primitives (any geometry/shape/light/helper/etc primitives that expose numerical properties will work):

KeyHydra WheelControl Customization

• duke
    Offline / Send Message
    duke polycounter lvl 13
    I'm getting a "can not get license" issue. I reinstalled and it says activation failed.
  • Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    @duke

Duke,

Can you please send me a mail to massimo@onikanabo.com  with a screenshot of the issue please. Once i have this mail we will try 2 small things.

Edit : We identified a licensing fetching error when owner of a license allready installed on the machine do try to re install the same license on the same machine.

Please be aware that once the license as been activated you don't need to re enter the license key during the installation process anymore even after uninstalling our soft. [or you will meet the actuall bug].

Couple of things to try :smile:

The work arounds are:
    1) stop/start server
    2) OR reboot
    3) or reinstall without activation [This one worked for us].

This issue will be solved asap [you're not the first client to report it].

• Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    We're still improving quality for our clients.

This is why we're moving our store from "Gumroad" to "Selz".

This move will allow us :smile:

• To offer better shopping experience
    • Handle credit cards payments [not just paypal]
    • Provide Better Invoice with detailed Taxes informations.
    • Better support
    • Even More secure payments.

We will maintain our Gumroad shop until the end of this month. Than will move totally to our new shop.

The shop is accessible from :

-Our website https://www.onikanabo.com/

or

-From this address directly https://www.onikanabo.shop/

This transition will not affect the use of our software.

Thanks again to all our current and upcoming clients.

Massimo From Onikanabo
  • duke
    Offline / Send Message
    duke polycounter lvl 13
    Reinstalling without activating worked :)

How do I make something context sensitive? I tried assigning "s" to uvw unwrap stitch, but it's overwritten everything to do with s, so ctrl+s no longer saves, etc.
  • Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    @duke Here are all informations you need [Video 4, 5 and 6 are your friend]. Please fallow the link.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfGfWDu0e_aaYBX1CdXzaWw

My "S" Key do lot of things.  Please fallow the tutorials and come back if you still need more informations or reach me directly.
  • Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello there,

We sent a mail update yesterday to all our clients & subscribers. A new version of KeyHydra is out.
    Free for all our Premium users.

This update is focused on LazerCut. We've added all feature request received from our clients.
    LazerCut is even more user friendly.

KeyHydra wise we debug couples of things in the installer.

We hope you will love it.
    I'll be back for a Christmas video.

Meanwhile thanks for reading and have a good day.

Here is the Mail sent yesterday, with current Keyhydra Update :

KEYHYDRA FOR 3DSMAX : REDEFINED

We have been working hard those last two years. On improving KeyHydra and adding features. KeyHydra have become more and more powerfull. We are adjusting our strategy this is why we decided to split Keyhydra in 3 Modules : KeyHydra Shorcuts, KeyHydra LazerCut, KeyHydra WheelCtrl.

This is just a matter of communication we will still sell those 3 Modules as part of KeyHydra.

So you purchase one plugin and get 3 tools.

LazerCut 2.0 Sneak Peek :

We just finished “KeyHydra LazerCut” Version 2.0 is ready for release. We eard and implemented all the received users requests. Including a “Pick Object Mode” wich will allow you to select only one time a model and than blast it with boolean operations without having to reselect it all the time. We can also now shift drag Manipulator –> It will force axis direction X, Y or Z [Like Photoshop].

We added lot more things, you can dig yourself and find it or you can wait our Christmas Video.

New KeyHydra's Video :

" Time is a valuable resource, therefore it’s better to do things as quickly as possible." - Proverb

Mains advantages of KeyHydra are : “Time saving”, “Speed”, “Comfort” and “Accuracy”. This video is showing to 3D artists mainly using the “Max User interface” for their daily task the time they could save while using “KeyHydra Shortcuts”. This video is really not that long. The Keyhydra user is 4x + more faster. Now imagine using it the next 3 years. You could achieve lot more things with more comforts.

KeyHydra Shortcuts :

KeyHydra Shortcuts Redefines interaction between user, keyboard and 3DSMax –> By improving input methods –> Keyboard shortcuts. You’ll be hable to drag and drop your shortcut from one key to another, create Multi-taps shortcuts, Context sensitives shortcuts & Scripted Shortcuts.

KeyHydra LazerCut :

LazerCut is part of Onikanabo’s KeyHydra package. It provides an interactive boolean workflow inside 3ds max using the object manipulation tools everyone is used to, without ever having to go to the boolean subobjects and settings. Just drop some rectangles, circles, polyshapes, or even draw your own Splines and it will Subtract, Split, Add, or create  solids for you.

KeyHydra WheelCtrl :

Wheel Ctrl allow the user to control any modeling settings with the mouse wheel from amount of segments on primitives, to connect amount, pinches, extrudes settings, any op really ! You will be hable to stay focus on your work more.

https://www.onikanabo.com/

https://www.onikanabo.shop/

• Altea
    Offline / Send Message
    Altea polycounter lvl 6

I have installed the trial in Max 2018. The LazerCut looks very interesting but I wish it didn’t forced me to install the other two programs adding clutter to Max without needing it. It feels like bundleware. In the installation it should give you options to choose.

Also since the first moment I started to have errors. This pops each session when using edit poly when I’m not using your plugins

And when trying to close Max appear this message, also without using the plugging in that session. I don't know if it is running automatically.

It seems that also in any way is colliding with my swift loop in some way. My shortcut won’t work (ctrl+alt+s) and even using the button swift loop mostly won’t work at all (no swift loop guide or action)

What are the limitations of the trial version?

I was trying to use the contact link in you web page to send this, but it doesn't work that link. I suppose I could solve it uninstalling the plugin, but I'm very interested in testing Lazercut

• Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    @Altea

Thanks for reaching us. The error issue reported here was already reported by our clients and is fixed inside our dev build.

We also fixed a conflict with edit poly and all loop tools. Wich is fixed in dev build as well. This is why your swift loop doesn't work anymore.

We will release a new beta build in a couple of days it include a major system refactoring, as well as lot of bug fixes, speed improvements, and 2019 compatibility.

Lazercut will stay bundled as part of keyhydra [it is using other part of our plugin and can't be splitted]. Currently it is probably unclear to users and i can understand your frustration. Time will hopefully provide what you're expecting.

The limitation of trial is written on the download page. It is 200 key presses or 200 keyhydra tools or script executions

Cheers,
    Massimo

PS : I can see you just edited your post and talk about a contact link broken. Can you tell me where was it i will fix it. clients do reach us everyday so i suppose it's one specific page.

• Altea
    Offline / Send Message
    Altea polycounter lvl 6
    200 times you mean actions? I mean if I cut 200 hundred times a mesh it will stop.

Using this contact link I receive this error. I'm not frustrated but I guess it can sound like that simply when pointing bugs but it is not the case.
  • Cathodeus
    Offline / Send Message
    @Altea The contact page is now fixed. The wordpress was auto updated and broke one google plugin. Anyway you can reach us here or by mail. Thanks for all the feedbacks. There are so much way to use keyhydra that we need our clients reports. [All issues are fixed, even if some of them are hard to spot].

Edit : Yes it is 200 actions per session with a total of 1000. Once 1000 reached it will stop working.
  • musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    @Cathodeus Hey man, I bought KeyHydra just for Lazercut but have started to map my hotkeys with KH. It is very useful indeed. I have so many hotkeys already that I often forget 1 or 2. :) KH is a tool I will definitely be using from now on.

I just have a small request. When assigning keys the dropdown columns are very narrow and the text gets cut off. It would be great if we could dynamically grab the separator bars and move them to expand each column. The very last column on the right takes up almost half of the dialogue window and I don't even use it. Apart from that, great tool.

Also, are you still actively developing Lazercut? Any more features planned? Thanks.
  • Altea
    Offline / Send Message
    Altea polycounter lvl 6
    musashidan , does it work for you? Are you suing the last version?
    I can not use it because the reasons I pointed above. For start swift loop is blocked, no matter if I use the script or not, as long it is installed.
  • musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    @altea yes, it's working(Max 2018) I already have all my hotkeys/quads set up. I just added a few more useful tools to the double/triple tap combos. I bought it a few weeks back, but haven't updated it yet.
  • Noren
    Offline / Send Message
    Noren polycounter lvl 19
    Was there ever a solution found to replace the more unwieldy freeform shortcut combinations with your tool? (Like holding down ctrl-alt-shift at the same time.)

• Altea
    Offline / Send Message
    Altea polycounter lvl 6
    musashidan , then probably you should not update it. The last version is very broken. And there is not access to older versions.