Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Brandon Lee (The Crow) 3D Model

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
p.francescoven polycounter lvl 3
Hi guys, i'm working on a 3D model of Brandon Lee from the Crow movie. 
Right now i'm stuck here, the face looks ok to me, I think i've nailed the basic proportions right, but the body isn't quite working for me. There's something about proportions that i can't figure out! 
Thanks guys :)

Replies

• jose.fuentes
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    youre off to a good start,

if youre going for likeness i think you need to spend a little more time on the face, IMO his chin needs to be a bit more square/flat  look at the angle of his jaw as well. I also think his nose is a bit more bulbous/puffy than what you currently have. Also dbl check the distance between the eyes and brows, im not sure if its the expression on your ref, but to me it seems like theres more space in his eyes and brows than what you currently have
  • p.francescoven
    Offline / Send Message
    youre off to a good start,

if youre going for likeness i think you need to spend a little more time on the face, IMO his chin needs to be a bit more square/flat  look at the angle of his jaw as well. I also think his nose is a bit more bulbous/puffy than what you currently have. Also dbl check the distance between the eyes and brows, im not sure if its the expression on your ref, but to me it seems like theres more space in his eyes and brows than what you currently have
    Thank you jose! What do you think about the body? That's what bothering me the most actually :)
  • carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Can you post side view as well or multiple views 
  • jose.fuentes
    Offline / Send Message
    I would address the face first, that is what people spend the most time looking at.  For the body I would say really dbl check your anatomy, from the front view you should be able see the serratus and tricep muscles.  Also, over all i think you could spend some more time on how the muscles connect, they tend to taper into each other, some tuck in underneath other muscles, etc.  So mainly just keep working on the anatomy, plenty of refrence is key

for the future, it would help greatly if you posted higher res images, its kind of tough to tell whats going on at such a small scale 
  • p.francescoven
    Offline / Send Message
    I would address the face first, that is what people spend the most time looking at.  For the body I would say really dbl check your anatomy, from the front view you should be able see the serratus and tricep muscles.  Also, over all i think you could spend some more time on how the muscles connect, they tend to taper into each other, some tuck in underneath other muscles, etc.  So mainly just keep working on the anatomy, plenty of refrence is key

for the future, it would help greatly if you posted higher res images, its kind of tough to tell whats going on at such a small scale 
    Okay, thank you! I will post some better imgs :)
  • p.francescoven
    Offline / Send Message

Ok so I've worked a bit on the face and that's what It came out 

• jose.fuentes
    Offline / Send Message