Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio-Dipesh Patel

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
dipesh25 polycounter lvl 5
Hello everyone!

I'm a junior 3D artist trying to continually improve my portfolio, I would like to have your opinion and maybe some advice on my portfolio so far. 

I would love to create 3D characters for games but I've been told that its extremely hard to get into as Junior artist, therefore I've been advised to get into as a Environment/Prop artist and slowly but surely make my way up as a character artist once I've earned enough experience and connections. 

Portfolio Link: https://www.artstation.com/dipeshpatel

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• jose.fuentes
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    Hey Dipesh, 

breaking into the industry is hard no matter what role you want to take, if you want to be a character artist, then keep making characters.  IMO your character is one of the weaker pieces on your portfolio.  But everyone has to start somewhere.  Keep refining and working on your models, for your portfolio rememer this... Quality over quantity any day.  3 amazing pieces is way better than 6 mediocre pieces.  Just keep at it!

• Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Keep on truckin! Your computer pad looks cool. Has a weird wireframe though. Looks like a decent amount of non-useful edges. I'd also include the tri count in in the image.