Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Lunie

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Lunie polycounter lvl 3
Hello!
I've always been way too shy to share my works online, which really needs to change so I thought I'd start a sketchbook in an attempt to push myself to show off my work  and not just lurk around everywhere. :#  I'm a game art student (for almost a year atm) and a wannabe character artist who is trying to experiment and learn as much as I can.

Thanks for taking a look! :)
Feedback and comments are always welcome!

https://www.artstation.com/artist/lunie

Replies

• Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moved this to the Sketchbook forum.

You also forgot to add the images, or are those still coming?
  • Lunie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lunie polycounter lvl 3
    @Michael Knubben Thank you! I'll double check before posting next time.  :)

I'm currently working on a low-poly (3.2k tris) model that will be handpainted.

I started painting it, but it's in the early stages right now.
    I will add hair separately.

• Lunie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lunie polycounter lvl 3
    I had a wip bust lying around and decided to use it as a base for making a full character and practise sculpting and PBR texturing. I like switching between different types of projects for some variation, but I am trying to limit myself so I actually finish things and don't have a million unfinished projects lying around. >.>

Here is how it looks so far:

• Lunie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lunie polycounter lvl 3
    Update on the sculpt:

It's still bumpy here and there and needs more refinement etc. Need to work more on the face and anatomy too, but C&C is ofc more than welcome!
  • Lunie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lunie polycounter lvl 3
    Making some (slow) progress on the handpainted character too

• Lunie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lunie polycounter lvl 3
    I was away for a while and didn't have access to my computer. ;_; Got some more progress on the sculpt done today and tried a quick transpose and polypaint. The sculpt is still bumpy here and there, especially the choker.

Trying out some different colours. I want some patterns on the fabric in the actual texture, I think.

• Lunie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lunie polycounter lvl 3
    The more I look at this, the more I see things that need fixing, but I really need a break for the moment.  o:)

• Elithenia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    I really like the red and gold for her, but that means the saturation of the skin should come up a little bit as it looks a bit waxy at the moment. 
    However seeing as you are still sculpting I assume this is something that you will fix when you come to the texturing stage :) Keep up the good work and looking forward to seeing what you do with it
  • Lunie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lunie polycounter lvl 3
    @Elithenia yay, thank you for the comment and critique! Sorry for replying a million years later. x_x I've been extremely bad at keeping up with social media the last few... months. I agree about the skin, and decided to just bring this to a proper game res model and texture it in substance instead.

I learned a lot while experimenting in subtance painter, and I am liking the program more and more. Not so happy with the skirt atm, but it'll have to do for now, at least. I also should have mapped the mid-section of the dress differently. :D Lesson learned.
    Rendered in toolbag 3.

• Lunie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lunie polycounter lvl 3
    Here are some more works I have done over the last few months:

Lunarya, my old blood elf rogue
    For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to start this without a proper concept, and just loosely base the outfit on old WoW-gear. It was extremely important that she wears black and is covered from head (well, neck) to toe. Why did I do this to myself. :| As always, I learned a lot in the process.

The jazz singer
    I made this for a school assignment where we were supposed to create a prop or bust from scratch and bring it to game resolution over 1 day.
    I might take this further. I like it, but there are several things that are in severe need of improvement, like the hair, eyebrows and lips... and the neck is kinda alien. :D

Heidern
    Another one bust a day thing. I made the head during 1 day, but decided to add some clothes/accessories afterwards. 

Sylvanas
    Yet another one of the one bust/prop a day assignment. The theme for the day was leaders, so I made Sylvanas.

...and the last theme for the prop a day assignment was to make a trinket of some sort, so I made a poison vial.

Everything is rendered in Toolbag 3.
  • ColdAardvark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lunie! All your work is fantastic! I'm in love with the Sylvanus and that poison bottle. I'm curious about your low poly model though, how is that coming along? I'm curious to see more of that.
  • Lunie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lunie polycounter lvl 3
    @ColdAardvark Thank you so much! :blush: I've been insanely busy with our current school project and other things lately, so I haven't gotten back to that one. But now I really want to pick it up again and finish it. :open_mouth: I'd like to practice hand painting some more too. :)