Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Critique This Please!

vertex
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
MarcoSkoog vertex

Would love some critique on this bust practice. Anatomy and composition and such! This was sculpted and polypainted in Z-brush, post-processing in Photoshop. 

Replies

• mrgesy
    Offline / Send Message
    mrgesy polycounter lvl 7
    The eyes are looking very strange. How can he fight if he's so cross eyed? He doesn't seem to have any lips, and the ears and nose are strange. Overall, everything looks like a toy clay model. Not a bad try, I like the feel of the first picture.
  • MarcoSkoog
    Offline / Send Message
    MarcoSkoog vertex
    mrgesy said:
    The eyes are looking very strange. How can he fight if he's so cross eyed? He doesn't seem to have any lips, and the ears and nose are strange. Overall, everything looks like a toy clay model. Not a bad try, I like the feel of the first picture.
    Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I messed up filling in my subtools with materials and the eyeballs got stuck in that gelly material or something, ddidn't know how to fix it :/. Yeah! Gonna work on anatomy, I'm pretty much a beginner with 3d so it's a rough learning curve :) 
  • nekromantikko
    Offline / Send Message
    nekromantikko polycounter lvl 2
    I like the renders! You seem to be suffering from something a lot of beginners do, working in too high of a resolution too early, this often causes the end result to become bumpy when you try to make changes to the big forms and the mesh is multiple million polys. This is what makes it look like a clay model. It's best in most cases to work in the smallest resolution possible, and keep the subdivision levels if you want to go and change the bigger forms later.
  • jose.fuentes
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    i would spend some more time on the face, fix the eyes and the lips.