Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dishonored Death of the Outsider weapons

polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
nimlot26 polycount lvl 666
I had the pleasure to work on Arkane's Dishonored Death of the Outsider. I made mostly weapons and textures. Here are some renders in Toolbag for a few stuff I made. I hope you'll like it.
For marmoset viewer scenes go here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/4LxO8

Replies

• Xelar
    Offline / Send Message
    Xelar polycounter lvl 2
    Absolutely amazing work! I would love to work for Arkane some day.
    The art direction is the perfect mix of fantastical while still being practical.
    However one thing I noticed about Billie's arm is that the glove part was quite stiff when moving her wrist.
    You probably didn't work on the rig, just thought I might point it out.
    If these are the low-poly ingame models I underestimated how much the poly budget must have went up between D1 and D2.
    I remember seeing a D1 artdump here and even big ingame models had only ~tris.
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
  • nimlot26
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits said:
    Amazing work!
    Thanks Marie!
    Xelar said:
    Absolutely amazing work! I would love to work for Arkane some day.
    The art direction is the perfect mix of fantastical while still being practical.
    However one thing I noticed about Billie's arm is that the glove part was quite stiff when moving her wrist.
    You probably didn't work on the rig, just thought I might point it out.
    If these are the low-poly ingame models I underestimated how much the poly budget must have went up between D1 and D2.
    I remember seeing a D1 artdump here and even big ingame models had only ~tris.
    Thanks. I love the art direction too.
    I only made the assets....the rig was made by someone else.
    These are the ingame models and to be honest with the computing power these days the polycount is not a real problem anymore.
  • LaurentiuN
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    Super awesome work man, everything is top!!!
  • nimlot26
    Offline / Send Message
    s1dK said:
    Super awesome work man, everything is top!!!
    thanks
  • Mehran Khan
    Offline / Send Message
    Mehran Khan polycounter lvl 9
    i am a huge fan of the artstyle in the dishonored games and these really hit home :) can we get a little making-of of this things? specially the texturing part. I really love this artstyle because it's a nice blend of realism and hand painted stuff.
  • aclund3
    Offline / Send Message
    aclund3 polycounter lvl 6
    This is awesome!!!

I second the 'can we get a making-of' on some of these.  Maybe even starting from concept and the initial art decisions and discussions?  Don't usually get to see that stuff...

• CrackRockSteady
    phenomenal work!  Thanks for sharing
  • nimlot26
    Offline / Send Message
    i am a huge fan of the artstyle in the dishonored games and these really hit home :) can we get a little making-of of this things? specially the texturing part. I really love this artstyle because it's a nice blend of realism and hand painted stuff.

aclund3 said:
    This is awesome!!!

I second the 'can we get a making-of' on some of these.  Maybe even starting from concept and the initial art decisions and discussions?  Don't usually get to see that stuff...

Thanks guys.
    Sadly I can't show you more than I already did since I don't have approval to share concepts, wip images or so. The work for Dishonored games was quite straight forward since the 2d team is amazing and we had awesome and detailed concepts to work on. All we had to do is to stay as close as possible to the concept.
    You can check the void hand concept made by Sergey Kolesov here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ldPWz
    Despite what people think, most of the "style" comes from the actual model and not from the textures. The hand paint effect is rather a result of making a highly detailed high poly where we abused the hpolish brush and made a lot of sharp scratches. For Dishonored Death of the Outsider we used Substance for texturing. The materials Cristian Buliarca made for these assets were mostly realistic with just a hint of stylized stuff(like the glass on the concussion grenade) but when used with our stylized meshes they looked great. Of course we added a few brush strokes here and there(see the void hand where u can clearly see some red strokes on the obsidian material) and painted a lot of custom dirt.
    Cheers
    phenomenal work!  Thanks for sharing
    Thanks.

• Rav3
    Offline / Send Message
    Rav3 interpolator
    Great job on Dishonored stuff!
  • krishnacpatel
    Offline / Send Message
    krishnacpatel polycounter lvl 2
    really awesome assets and weapons man !!! the hand is my favourite 
  • nimlot26
    Offline / Send Message
    Rav3 said:
    Great job on Dishonored stuff!
    Thanks
    really awesome assets and weapons man !!! the hand is my favourite 
    Thanks. I really like the void hand also.