Home Technical Talk

ZBrush - Dynamesh Issue

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
aniket polycounter lvl 2
So I have this character I'm working on. I t was made of many different subtools that I merged together into a single subtool. I then proceeded to dynamesh the whole thing so it would be one continuous mesh, and at a resolution of 512, it worked. However, I wasn't completely happy with it, so I wanted to try a higher resolution, so I cranked it up to 1024, but when I do this, Dynamesh freaks out and makes a mess, it even happens when I set it to 720. I even tried restarting ZBrush, and even my computer, thinking maybe it's just a bad load, and have tried multiple times, but no matter what, this happens every time. I don't know why this is happening, and more importantly how to fix it.

---------------------------------------------------------
The original merged subtool, 12m polys
---------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Dynameshed subtool at a res of 512, at roughly 2m polys
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Dynameshed subtool at a res of 1024 at roughly 4.4m polys
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replies

• lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    make sure you dont have any active masking. sometimes when merging subtools there is still invisible masking going on that might screw with those features.
  • aniket
    Offline / Send Message
    aniket polycounter lvl 2
    lotet, I made sure there wasn't, but why would that cause problems only when dynameshing with a resolution higher than 512?
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    aniket said:
    lotet, I made sure there wasn't, but why would that cause problems only when dynameshing with a resolution higher than 512?
    well thats a shame. if you have the same dynamesh resolution and havnt touched the mesh, even if you press the dynamesh button it wont update because its already "up to date".

have you tried importing the model to another program and then back to zbrush again?