Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

FN Minimi Mk3 [WIP]

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Basajaun polycounter lvl 10
I've working on this thing for a while now. It's not yet 100% finished but almost there.

I hope you like it! :)

Replies

• CrackRockSteady
    Basajaun said:
    I've working on this thing for a while now. It's not yet 100% finished but almost there.

I hope you like it! :)

I think this looks really good!  One thing that stands out to me (I think it is most noticeable in this image) is that your edge wear seems uniformly applied to almost every little edge on the gun, including in some corners and crevices where it seems pretty unnatural.  I would tone down the scratches and wear on any edges that wouldn't be easily exposed to brushing up against things and in corners/crevices I would imagine maybe some oil or dust buildup rather than edge wear.

Would also be helpful if you could post wireframes for the model :smile:
  • Basajaun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for your feedback CrackRockSteady, sorry that it took me so long to reply but I've been away the past week. You are absolutely right, what you see in the above pics is the general damage/dirt pass. Next up I'll work on the polishing pass where I'll hand paint all the custom wear and grime. I'll post an update ASAP.
  • Basajaun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are the wireframes, as requested:

Also, here is some more progress (not much) I've done on the textures:

• Basajaun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just giving it the final touches and getting ready to call this one done. I've been mostly adding custom wear and tear, as some oil at specific spots, and working on the interior parts (feeding tray and such).

If there are any suggestions or things you'd like to see changed this would be the time to speak up, otherways, I'm eager to take on my next project :)