Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tire of Military Vehicle

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
YF_Sticks polycounter lvl 5
Decided to work on a military vehicle and started with the tire.
On the edges it's a bit "blocky" but else..hope you like it :-) Feedback is appreciated!

Replies

• Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Looks nice!
    It is a little blocky on the edges, and the wall of the tire looks a little strange/bare. Can we see the reference?
    Overall I think the tread is too pristine for the apparent age/wear of the tire. It may just be the lighting, but right now there's not enough difference between the material of the metal rim and the rubber tire. 
    I can see some ridges on the tread where it looks like your high-poly was maybe a bit imperfect. If the tread were rougher it might hide that some though. Typically the tread will be a lot more worn than the rest of the tire unless it's new.
  • YF_Sticks
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku said:
    Looks nice!
    It is a little blocky on the edges, and the wall of the tire looks a little strange/bare. Can we see the reference?
    Overall I think the tread is too pristine for the apparent age/wear of the tire. It may just be the lighting, but right now there's not enough difference between the material of the metal rim and the rubber tire. 
    I can see some ridges on the tread where it looks like your high-poly was maybe a bit imperfect. If the tread were rougher it might hide that some though. Typically the tread will be a lot more worn than the rest of the tire unless it's new.
    Thank you for the feedback! 
    I didn't use a specific reference, just looked at some tires on Google Images. You're right, there needs to be a bigger difference from the tire and the metal. And add some more wear and tear to the tire. I try to re-texture it maybe. Gotta work on my baking too! 
  • YF_Sticks
    Offline / Send Message
    Rework of the tire:

Tried to differentiate the tire from the metal part a bit more.