Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Spaceship Bridge (Starfinder Artwork) - WIP

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Dethling polycounter lvl 11
Hi there,

after I got the GO for my digital art study at Games Academy I decided to take the remaining time until semester starts (1. Oct) and push myself completing an environment scene (something I tried in the past, but never managed to get it to a finished piece). 

Since the Starfinder PPRPG was released recently and my friends and I loving it, I decided to go with some Starfinder artwork.
After browsig the book I found a piece which suites me:

(Source: Starfinder Core Rule Book - Paizo Inc.)

My plan is to building the scene in Max & Unreal (without the characters), using the weighted normal and decal workflow from Star Citizen. 
I want also go with a stylized approach to keep the "painted" feeling of it (similar to Starcraft).
I have no clue if this combination will work, but I hope to to figure something out (maybe with your help^^).

Since this is my first serious approach for an complete scene I'm open to any suggestions or help  (workflow, prep-work, tech, artistic etc.). :D

Replies

• Dethling
    Offline / Send Message
    Unfortunately I didn't had the time today to really get into this as far as I wanted.
    So I just managed to create a rough blockout in max.
    The goal of it is, to get the general spacing/placement. I ralized that there where some perspective issues in the picture (e.g. the reptile pilot is not in the middle line of the bridge).
    Plan to get the blockout completely done on saturday, let's see. ;)

(Already realized that I have to scale up the consoles in the front).
  • Dethling
    Offline / Send Message
    model

Did some corrections on the blockout. Still not sure about the console at the left front side (where the ratfolk is sitting on the picture). Also the center area will probably get another overhaul later.
    I will now start with building the single parts one by one, starting with the pilots console.

• Dethling
    Offline / Send Message
    Did the first work on the pilors console (front middle). The round forms are really interessting and also challenging.

For the controlls itself, I have already some nice ideas and hope to get this part done over the weekend.
    Unfortunately my mouse broke, so I have to use an old, buggy one, which really slows me down (missing buttons, other set-up etc.).
  • Dethling
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, got my old mouse working again and did some more work on the pilot console:

Have to add some holo projection devices for the main screen and the two side screen.
    Will also add some panel lines on the side parts with normal painting.
  • Dethling
    Offline / Send Message
    Started with the high poly model of the console, still a lot to do, but it's a start:

Will add some panels and have to rework the "table" part.
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Solid start, looking good!
  • Dethling
    Offline / Send Message
    Unfortunately I'm slower then I want to be. :(