Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Magical Girl Item Shop

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
praetus interpolator
This project is more or less finished back in October of 2017.  I might be making some small changes and adding VR compatibility.  Here's the finished stuff on artstation.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/PxD0n

I started working on an idea I had last year.  I wanted to make an item shop but I also wanted there to be some sort of hook to it.  I thought the idea of a magical girl shop was interesting but at the end of the day, they're still fighting and killing monsters.  So I'm doing this in a style that may be one part Warcraft, one part Darksiders.  Or at least that's the goal.  Here's a drawing I had made of some weapons that started the idea-

The shop is going to consist of 4 areas or themes for items.  

Weapons  - Hearts, pink, purple, white
Magic/Books - Moon+stars, Purple, blue, white
Alchemy - wings/halo, white, gold, black

The main entrance/lobby is going to be a mix of all the elements.  I am making sculpts in ZBrush to start off with but still trying to decide whether to go with a shaded materials for the final product or using the bakes to base hand painted textures on.  I've been really interested in trying that method for a project and see they use it on some elements of WoW so we'll see.  Anyways, here are some sculpts that I have started.  Everything is subject to critiques and change so let me know what you think.

Mortar and Pestle

Floor

Potions

Weapons display table
Wall (Might be changing this one soon)

Alchemy Set

Alchemy table top

Replies