Home Technical Talk

Zbrush polypaint texture black please help!!!

sazoman
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
sazoman polycounter lvl 5
Hello everyone,
I am fairly new to Zbrush so i apologies for my 3D verbiage in advance. I ran into a recent problem trying to export the model's polytextures into .PSD files so i can continue to edit them in Photoshop. All pieces of the Tool exported correctly except the face tool. The face tool would only render out the bottom half of the model and the top half would render out in black. What i read online that if it renders out in black means that theres no information on the poly's so it generates it in black, but the model has polypaint has you see below in the pictures upload. The Tool has no mask nor any layers has what i also read online that can make it not work properly. I am stagnating i am not sure what to do i have been on other forums like Zbrush Central and no information was giving to help with what is going on. IF someone knows what is going on please lend a hand, you're doing GOD's work!!!

Replies

• sazoman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Come on Fellas give a broda a hand! 
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    have you tried to re-UV and export it again?
    have you tried copying it to a mesh without polypaint and reproject the paint to that one?
  • sazoman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet said:
    have you tried to re-UV and export it again?
    have you tried copying it to a mesh without polypaint and reproject the paint to that one?
    I think i have but ill try to re-UV see if that works. I have not tried to reproject the paint i will have to look that up because i have never done that. Thanks for the info buddy your the best!!!
  • SabrinaWZH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A bit late to this thread but I had the same problem which lead me to this thread. The above solutions did not help for me, but eventually I found the solution and thought I should share it for others who might have similar issues in the future.

My solution;
    Clear any isolation masks you've created

I found that the blacked polypaint was similar to the isolation I did to sculpt/paint better, although it did not seem isolated when I tried to create from polypaint. That was my solution. Regards.
  • sazoman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That might be also a solution, but for me i found out that i had two different materials on the Character/Mesh i had a bling and some other material and didn't fully paint in the material on Zbrush. So those parts with the other material weren't UV'ing correctly? Am still trying to figure it out its been over a month lol bs. 
  • dan_blincoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This thread is a bit old but I thought I’d post since I had a similar problem but different cause.  For me I had a layer on the subtool that was still in record mode.  Taking that layer out of record mode allowed me to create texture from my polypaint.  When in record mode it would only create a black texture.
  • sazoman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This thread is a bit old but I thought I’d post since I had a similar problem but different cause.  For me I had a layer on the subtool that was still in record mode.  Taking that layer out of record mode allowed me to create texture from my polypaint.  When in record mode it would only create a black texture.
    Awesome glad you figured it out! yup thats what was going on my project also. Salud