Simple Blue Yeti Microphone :smile:
Recorded a speed art making it aswell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqDj9VoM6aw&feature=youtu.be

Replies

• CybranM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM interpolator
    While I dont know what you used for reference, all the images of "blue yeti microphone" on google look like this:

I think you should focus more on following the shapes and learning the modelling tools instead of recording yourself and editing videos if you want to improve your 3d modelling.
    Recording yourself can be beneficial but at this stage I think you should focus on learning the program youre using.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    Yeah, I don't want to be rude, but it looks like you took <1 minute to slap together some primitives... And that was it.
  • Asceo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asceo null
    Grimwolf said:
    Yeah, I don't want to be rude, but it looks like you took <1 minute to slap together some primitives... And that was it.
    I only just started making models so yeah that pretty much what I did. 

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    You can do better.  We know you can do better.

You have space to make this a proper high poly model with softened hard edges.

You have space to make a low poly model and bake down texture maps.

You have space to render out the object with accurate materials.

You have space to make this optimized for a game engine.

You have space to render this in a game engine.

Don't speed art this.  Take your time, get it done well.
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Good luck on your journey learning how to model! Here are some tools you'll definitely benefit from learning;
    - Extrude
    - Bevel
    - Bend

There are some great tutorials out there which show, in detail, how to make complex shapes. Check out Pluralsight's Professional Tips for Modelling Complex Shapes tutorials. That will show you loads about proper edge flow, sub-d modeling, and so on. Instead of trying to get the general shape, try and make it the exact shape of your reference.

Check out the reference image that CybranM posted. Try and model each piece of that microphone separately and accurately. If you don't know how to make a piece, you may need to spend some time watching tutorials to learn how to do it properly. Good luck!!
  • Asceo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asceo null
    @Ashervisalis @Brian "Panda" Choi @CybranM Thanks for your help!