Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Gryffindor Common Room

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Sebvhe greentooth
I have recently been re-reading Harry Potter as a mean to learn Swedish, and it really got me inspired again. I therefore decided to re-create the famous common room in UE4. It feels good to do some more "traditional" 3D after spending so much time with photogrammetry. This is also quite outside my comfort zone considering I always do outdoor/natural scenes! Good practice indeed!

Still very early development but it's best to take feedback asap :smile:
I'm leaving some large props for later on purpose as I hope to be able to scan them when going to England this December (couches, stone wall etc...)
This is going to be a long term project as I only have a couple hours a week to work on it. Hopefully I'll stay motivated until the end :wink:

What do you guys think?

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    I think it looks really cool so far. I'm not a fan of the curved edge on the rug, I've never seen a rug do that. Are you going to create a separate image for each tapestry?
  • Koromo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Koromo polycounter lvl 4
    Very good texturing so far! In some references they show the carpet more desaturated and worn out.

Aside from put more props like the sofas, chimmey, wall pictures pictures and so on... looks good to me, maybe a little too much  occlusion for the "Neville Cactus" you show in the first screenshot