Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Farm yarding

spenser.p
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
spenser.p polycounter lvl 8
Hi and thanks for dropping in this   is a small environment scene i have been working on for a little while and i just wanted to get feedback after looking at this so long my self that i am not sure if i need to at a lot more to improve the scene but i appreciate your time and any feedback you can give me thank you for taking a look

Replies

• Seal40k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seal40k polycounter lvl 6
    I think the wooden boards on the roof can be improved. they look very evenly in lenght and clean. For an old building like this I would expect the roof to be more broken and the boards to be shifted a bit in relation to each other.

Also, some of the corners (the window frame for example) look very sharp and should be beveled.
  • spenser.p
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for your feedback Seal ill try out what you suggested and ill work on the changes  
  • spenser.p
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    updates and changes nothing major other than moving the roof a little still looking for thoughts on environment so if ya have and ideas i am open to them thanks for your time
  • FreneticPonies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FreneticPonies polycounter lvl 3
    Looks promising, let's see some texturing!
  • Cordero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cordero polycounter
    hah looking good! I really like how you have interesting shapes for the houses, and their walls are not just straight, it makes for a cool stylized look!
    what I would suggest is applying that same mindset to the windows as well! make the bottom part a bit smaller than the top ( just like on the houses) , and also you can rotate the small dividing woods on the window a bit randomly, so they are not straight as well!

the same can be applied to the door, and fence aswell, I think it would further push the shaping cartoony vibe you have developed so far!

an experiment can be done if you want to have some fun which is: no vertical / upright lines can be used in the entire scene!

( and it would be awesome to add a well somewhere to the scene, because wells are cooool :D )

good luck!
  • spenser.p
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the feed back  guys i am glad you like how its going so far. ill try out  what you suggested and see how it all goes , the well sounds like a good idea ill put one in there  and then move into texturing 
  • spenser.p
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here are some updates i tried the changes cordeo suggested i think it turned out well feel like i am ready to texture this now but  if there is any more feedback or things that i maybe missing i am open to knowing 
  • Seal40k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seal40k polycounter lvl 6
    Good job, looks alot better already. Something bugs me about the trees. They look a bot clumpy as the split of between the single branches is not very clear.
  • spenser.p
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks seal yeah the trees are a bit clumpy but i planned on having enough leaves on em where it would not be a issue