Replies

• solidshark91493
    Offline / Send Message
    solidshark91493 polycounter lvl 6
    Woah, Man this is what I want to be able to do. Great work
  • pixelpatron
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    Would LOVE to see ya try out a macross jet style paint job on this. 

You kinda have it going on, but needs more defined lines and a pattern that doesn't necessarily follow the paneling (paint is applied after construction typically, and the patterns follow the forms as a whole not separately). I think the key to a successful Macross pattern is having the lines flow from the main fuselage out over the wings. The iconography goes a long way too. Amazing model btw, don't rush the final details like the paint and patterning/weathering. 

A good approach would be to go topdown and side shot of your ship and do some quick paintovers in photoshop to find a design you like and then tweak the colors to your liking. Sucker for yellow/silver/black or the white/red/black combo.

Good luck.

• LaurentiuN
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    @solidshark91493 Thanks mate.
    @pixelpatron Yeah man, that would be awesome but right now i dont have time to uwv 500+ hardsurface objects so yeah....maybe in the future, for now just simple shaders from vray and keyshot.

Ok, so here is a sneak peek before releasing all the renders, still need to polish some of them, ready by friday. Stay tuned.

• beefaroni
    Offline / Send Message
    beefaroni sublime tool
    Woaaah this is gonna be cool. Can't wait.

I feel like final presentation will be super important for this one! 
  • Menchen
    Offline / Send Message
    Menchen polycounter lvl 3
    Im getting the lotion and paper towels ready. Can't wait! 
  • LaurentiuN
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    @beefaroni, wow dude, thanks. I never thought i will get a comment from you :) you inspire me a lot.
    Regarding the presentation i agree with you but i feel some of the renders are not that good as others, or maybe its just me. I have like 5-6 renders. Thanks.
    @Menchen, lol =)))) i laughed for 2 min when i saw your comment dude :))) you sick ...:))
  • Prime8
    Offline / Send Message
    Prime8 interpolator
    The detailed parts like the seat and landing gear look great.
    Though I have to admit I don't understand your workflow and why you change the ship in between. Imo the first concept is much more interesting than the SC Sabre.

• LaurentiuN
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    @Prime8, Thanks man, the change is simple and was because mistakes, i started with the first ship and then jumped to cockpit and other components without taking care about how does the cockpit fits in the ship in the blockout phase or the engines, so i had to let it go, and decided to go with the sabre concept.
    We learn from mistakes so yeah my bad.
  • Millenia
    Offline / Send Message
    Millenia polycount sponsor
    Lovely model so far! I look forward to seeing the finished project.
  • LaurentiuN
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    @Millenia, first @beefaroni and now you? Wow i`m so glad you guys liked what i did, you guys inspire me so much, thank you.

Ok so here are the final renders. First I must say thanks to everyone who gave me feedback and suggestions during the project, it helped a lot and gave me the energy to finish the project so yeah thanks guys!!!

My goal was to improve more on hardsurface modeling and i think i did that. What do you guys think?

About the project: started as a ship from a concept made by J.C Park but ended more like a Sabre from starcitizen because some of the mistakes i did in the blockout stage. Now i know what to do if i start another ship in the future.

Also thanks the polycount team for adding me to the front page :D for the first time in 6 years i finally made it:D.
    More renders can be found on my artstation -> https://www.artstation.com/massconfusion

Thanks,
  • Mathew O
    Offline / Send Message
    Mathew O polycounter
    Sick, I love this :D Good work!

• AfroCenTech
    soo pretty!     Too pretty...Nope   now im suspicious (more like jealous) :P Wonder how long it takes to get to that level.   I also  have crazy vehicles and ships lodged in my brain.   My curse is I cant get them out lol.

Now this is just my opinion and what little its worth,  but I feel like there should be some "standout" emissive lighting in the cockpit, gives the pilot area alot of flavor.   Kinda like the targeting equipment in an X-wing Or in EVE online with the cockpits of drone ships. fogged glass on the canopy takes away from the work you did in the cockpit imo.   
  • LaurentiuN
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    @Mathew O Thanks Mathew, I appreciate, your works inspire me so much!!! Thanks:)
    @AfroCenTech Thanks dude, just let your ideas come out :D and do it. I know about the cockpit but i already made a presentation for the cockpit, landing gear and ejection seat on artstation so yeah, i wanted to present the ship here only and not that much the other details.
    Thanks!
  • DeathstrokeFTW
  • LaurentiuN
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    @DeathstrokeFTW Thanks man, much appreciated!!
  • Topier
    Offline / Send Message
    Topier null
    ok first off I really like the result you did a great job with this ship, but your texturing could use a little more work because right now (at least in the first image) the ship looks more like the model of a ship. Maybe its enough to make the indentations finer (if you look on the original they are barely visible) This is also true for the one in front of the cockpit. The lines are way too thick there.
    Edit: I just realised those lines are not a normal map, but a modelled object so scratch that part about texturing but still :D
  • LaurentiuN
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    @Topier Thanks man, yeah everything is high poly modeled, no normal maps used, and for the textures they are just basic materials from keyshot and v-ray, it was never intended for baking or texturing. Thanks.
  • Zee_DeCoY
    Offline / Send Message
    Zee_DeCoY polycounter lvl 6
    wow man!! This looks amazing.. Well presented and got my mouth watering :D Love it!