Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Megaman Redesign

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
wellweishaupt polycounter lvl 6
This is my old personal project, I was responsible for creating the redesign of megaman, modeling, texturing, rigging, posing , shading and rendering. 
I had a lot of fun working on this character that marked my childhood. 
I might work again on it for a game mesh ;)
Hope you guys like it!

Replies

• wellweishaupt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Megaman Wireframes

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    I like it.  I wonder what a tad more noise normal detail on the body suit would help give it more body, but it'sr eading wonderfully right now.

The eyes could use that slight pink/red gradient coming from the back of the eyeball,
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    The skin has a really sickly pallor to it
  • wellweishaupt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Brian thank you for the feedback, I may work on this when I transfer everything for a game mesh ;)

Grimwolf, I'd agree with you but it was a little bit intentional as he's more like a robot, thanks for the feedback.
  • Alemja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alemja hero character
    I like how you combined different Megaman features together, pretty neat.

I want to echo a little bit of what @Grimwolf pointed out about the skin, even though Megaman is a robot you have a realistic skin treatment which gives a little bit of an "uncanny valley" effect when it's not reading correctly. I have some other pointers as well and a paint over to help give an idea how things could be improved.
    • The skin is pretty realistic and has a lot of noise, but the features are very anime, this also contributes to the uncanny valley effect. Upping the saturation just a little bit and smoothing out the detail can keep it in believable territory. Kind of like how Pixar has realistic materials on stylized bodies, reducing the amount of noise can make it feel less creepy.
    • I would adjust the shape of the eye on the side, it goes a little too far back and creates a lot of extra white space on the eye, adjusting the eye shape will help balance the facial features. This will also help the shading that you would eventually add (mentioned by Brian) look more natural
    • This one is more personal preference but I think you have a little too much extra noise on the specualr of your metals. Smoothing those out can help give it a nice balance.

I hope this all helps!

• wellweishaupt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dude I'm loving this forum and the feedbacks! :smiley:
    Alemja thank you very much for this feedback, I'm very happy with that and it makes sense now, I'm going to work on a lot of improvements on this character to get his game mesh, I had a lot of fun when I was working on his redesign and I believe that would be great to have this model improved also runing inside the game engine. :wink:
    Once I get back to it I'll post the progress to you guys follow. :smile:

All the best guys!