Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Portal Gun Scene

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
joshoantonio polycounter lvl 3
I set myself this Portal inspired project to refresh myself with Maya before continuing my university course in September. I've done lots of modelling this summer, although this is the first time I've followed something through to completion.

This is just something that I've been working on over the last couple of day in my spare time. I'd love to get some feedback on my approach of modelling or any artistic critiques.

"Final Render"

I know it's not perfect, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Wireframe Render

Replies

• Protokoll_Studio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Protokoll_Studio polycounter lvl 4
    I am a big fan of Portal and all I can say is you made a really good job.
    The Portal Gun is really smooth ! Congratulations.

Just one thing you can probably do is to make a pre-made tube with orange or blue light near the portal gun or directly inside the portal gun.
  • FourtyNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FourtyNights polycounter
    I'd highly recommend making a low poly out of this high poly, UV unwrap, texture and render it in either Marmoset Toolbag 3, Unity or UE4. Now you've got a really well made sub-d modeled HP to optimize to low poly and get those pretty bakes from it.

We 3D artists in Polycount tend to get more interested if the end goal is an optimized low poly with textures and rendered in a real-time game engine. Threads about pre-rendered 3D stuff usually gets buried because majoriy of us doesn't care about that stuff much.